PDA

View Full Version : Free and new to me!!

mrbyl
06-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Hey, everyone...new member just joined today so forgive the clumsiness with which this thread is posted. I acquired a mismatched pair of Altec Lansing column speakers and have found scant info on them. One is a 1207c and the other just shows 1207 (my small amount of research indicates this may actually be the 1207b..not sure!). Judging from the silver-y grill cloth I'm guessing these may have been made in the late 60s or 70s...dunno?!?:dont-know: Can anyone provide some info on these columns? When were they made? What kind of quality were they famous for? Has anybody owned some and offer some advice as to their reliability? Are the speakers themselves noteworthy? As of right now, I haven't tested them and, outside of the manuals provided at the Altec site, don't know much about them. They were free so, at any rate, I considered it a good deal for me. I plan to use them as PA speakers for my practice room (and maybe beyond). Any info would be greatly appreciated...thanks so much in advance for any help or advice you nice people could provide.

Billy

Audiobeer
06-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Hey, everyone...new member just joined today so forgive the clumsiness with which this thread is posted. I acquired a mismatched pair of Altec Lansing column speakers and have found scant info on them. One is a 1207c and the other just shows 1207 (my small amount of research indicates this may actually be the 1207b..not sure!). Judging from the silver-y grill cloth I'm guessing these may have been made in the late 60s or 70s...dunno?!?:dont-know: Can anyone provide some info on these columns? When were they made? What kind of quality were they famous for? Has anybody owned some and offer some advice as to their reliability? Are the speakers themselves noteworthy? As of right now, I haven't tested them and, outside of the manuals provided at the Altec site, don't know much about them. They were free so, at any rate, I considered it a good deal for me. I plan to use them as PA speakers for my practice room (and maybe beyond). Any info would be greatly appreciated...thanks so much in advance for any help or advice you nice people could provide.

Billy

Billy post some pictures and you will be amazed at the responses.

mrbyl
06-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the tip, Audiobeer...I've included some rather crappy mobile phone shots that hopefully will help.....

louped garouv
06-04-2010, 09:24 AM
http://www.hostboard.com/forums/altec-users-board/124646-whats-inside-1207-a.html

looks like vocal stage PA...

Altec Best
06-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Hi Billy, here's a pdf from the Altecpro site they have other 1207's listed there here's the 1207B Regards !! ;)

http://www.altecpro.com/pdfs/vintage/SpeakerAndMics/systems/1207B%20Speaker%20System.pdf

Good Luck with your search.