PDA

View Full Version : L250

roy55
06-01-2010, 10:06 PM
I bought the Black JBL L250s that are listed on Audiogon(as L250A) with the modified crossovers built by Tim Marutani. I tried to remove the back of one to take a look at the crossovers, they are sealed tight:eek:, so after removing the screws from crossover I turn them a little to get a look. Looks like bypass caps were added, wow lots of Wonder Caps. :applaud:

rdgrimes
06-02-2010, 08:14 AM
I was under the impression that bypass caps were standard on these XOs.

roy55
06-02-2010, 09:21 AM
I was under the impression that bypass caps were standard on these XOs.
Your right, I was confusing the L300 with the L250. When I read modified crossovers, I was thinking upgrade, thinking L250 did not have bypass caps and 250ti did. After looking at the schematics I see the L250 had bypass caps.

MikeM
06-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Hey there wondering Why I didnt get a reply from the seller on those 250a's. Was looking at them also. What did you get them for?

roy55
06-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Hey there wondering Why I didnt get a reply from the seller on those 250a's. Was looking at them also. What did you get them for?

Not sure why he(Skip) didn't reply:dont-know:, but I can guess:p. He has had them a long time and has good memories(parties):D and did not want to sell them. Wife wanted them gone:(. Skip was a member of a 70s rock band Steelwind. They put one album out "Child of Nature" on Grunt Records(Jefferson Airplane). Their Lead guitarist went on to play lead for Jefferson Starship. I waited till his 13 day of listing before I answered his ad with a question, what was modified on the xovers. He replied with a invite, I waited about 1 week before I called him. He lives in a very upscaled part of Sacramento(Fair Oaks, Winding way along the American River) Nice! He took 9 bills for them. I could see this losted look:confused: in his face as I drove away. I removed and tested all drivers and they tested within spec:bouncy:. The domes of le5-11 are dented and pushed in, so I will replace with le5-5 with factory pushed in domes if I did my homework right, maybe paint the frames black. It looks like the LF in the xovers were seperated at one point. E5 and E6 are for the LF and look like they were resoldered. Man these things have heavy duty speaker cable.

hjames
06-08-2010, 02:58 AM
Thanks for the cool piece of history.
I remember (Jack Traylor and) Steelwind ...!
That album was a must-have among our group of friends!

Not sure why he(Skip) didn't reply:dont-know:, but I can guess:p. He has had them a long time and has good memories(parties):D and did not want to sell them. Wife wanted them gone:(. Skip was a member of a 70s rock band Steelwind. They put one album out "Child of Nature" on Grunt Records(Jefferson Airplane). Their Lead guitarist went on to play lead for Jefferson Starship. I waited till his 13 day of listing before I answered his ad with a question, what was modified on the xovers. He replied with a invite, I waited about 1 week before I called him. He lives in a very upscaled part of Sacramento (Fair Oaks, Winding way along the American River) Nice! He took 9 bills for them. I could see this lost look:confused: in his face as I drove away.