PDA

View Full Version : Infinity HPS speakers

rgwalker
05-29-2010, 12:18 PM
I have some Infinity HPS (High Performance Series) surround speakers that I may want to sell and I can't find any information about them including whether they were well received or not. When I bought them they were a step up from the RS model and not available in any retail stores. I had to order them from Infinity and pick them up from a private dealer. They weren't cheap and they sound fantastic but over the last few years they've been replaced by large JBLs and Altecs and even the sub woofer was replaced by one hidden in a fake end table. Does anyone here know anything about them and if they have any value? I would like to think that because they aren't for sale anywhere that everyone who ever bought them kept them and that they are sought after. Thanks,

Bob Walker

BMWCCA
05-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Something like this?
http://www.infinitysystems.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=HPS1.5SPS&CheckProduct=Y&Language=ENG&Country=US&Region=USA

rgwalker
05-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Something like this?
http://www.infinitysystems.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=HPS1.5SPS&CheckProduct=Y&Language=ENG&Country=US&Region=USA

That's them. Are you familiar with them and/or were you able to find more information? I wasn't even able to find this link and definitely nothing else of value. I'll put a reserve on them and run a test auction to see the reaction. If I can only get $200+ I'll hang onto them but you never know when one of these things gets popular and actually increases in value. yeah right...............

Thanks you

Bob W

BMWCCA
05-31-2010, 05:16 AM
There's more information about the subwoofers, but I have no experience with any of them. Google was my friend. They are listed as vinyl-covered enclosures and the LF driver appears similar to my RS4001s I got for free off FreeCycle and then installed new surrounds. Mine are three-ways and fairly impressive, especially for the price!