PDA

View Full Version : Smilies in wrong place,Plus Capital letters get resized to lower case.

Altec Best
05-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Hello Don, When I use smilies in a post they are in a different position than where I posted them, sometimes not all the time though.Also sometimes when I use Capital letters they are changed to lower case,again not all the time(Bug).Thanks Regards ~ John

Don McRitchie
06-02-2010, 06:09 AM
Smilie test 1 :frantic: Smilie test 2 :confused: Smilie test 3 :jawdrop:

As you can see, I can't replicate the smilie issue. The caps issue is likely related to a setting preventing all caps in post titles. This is done to prevent "shouting", which describes a title in all caps that is considered rude netiquette.

I will say that I have found a bug in using the advanced editor and I have stopped using it. Once a post gets to a certain length in the editor window, the scrolling becomes erratic so that I have a hard time adding text. The window keeps scrolling upwards when I want to append to the end. For that reason, I have changed to the WYSIWYG editor. This could be related to your smilie issue. You can change this setting globally in your profile or on an invidual post basis by cliking the http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/editor/switchmode.png icon at the top right of the editor window.