PDA

View Full Version : Lansing Heritage Turns 10

Don McRitchie
05-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Today is the 10th anniversary of the launch of Lansing Heritage. The site has become far beyond what I and my original two partners ever envisaged and we have many to thank for this. To begin with, I would like to thank Mr. Widget and Robh3606 - the administrators of this forum. They have expended countless hours of their time and have been kind with their knowledge and experience to all of the forum members. They have fostered a culture of professionalism and respect that has my personal gratitude.

Our moderators deserve special recognition for keeping this forum a place that members want to participate and for the thankless task of occasionally stepping in to defuse potentially contentious discussions. Therefore, my thanks to:

boputnam
Hofmannhp
jblnut
scott fitlin
Techbot
yggdrasil
Last but not least, I would like to thank forum member 4313B whose knowledge of JBL products is unsurpassed by anyone on this forum and who has been prolific in sharing this knowledge.

With regards to the overall website, I would like to thank my original partners Steve Schell and Steve Lewis. Without their vision, this site would not have been possible.

Special recognition is deserved by Mark Gander and the staff at Harman International whose support of this website was and remains indispensable for whatever level of success we achieve. In particular, I want to thank Greg Timbers who has been extremely cooperative in sharing his knowledge and expertise.

Finally, I need to acknowledge the largely behind the scenes contributions of the late John Eargle. He was instrumental in establishing this site through the sharing of his personal notes in documenting the history of JBL and mentoring our subsequent progress. One of the greatest rewards in developing this site was the opportunity to know John Eargle.

While the above regards the content of the website, there is an equally important and largely unsung debt owed to the host of this website. Specifically, I want to persionally thank John Nebel, owner of CSD Internet, and his associate Ann Cantelow.

For seven of the past ten years, John has hosted the site at no charge. In the first three years, the site used a commercial host and both the site and forum were plauged by regular outages and forum crashes. We went through three versions of the forum before the current one and in each case lost everything due to crashes and unrecoverable backups.

Since moving to CSD, John and Ann have provided near immediate turnaround on technical issues and their rigorous daily backups have saved this forum on a number of occaisions. I can't say enough about the importance of their contributions to this site.

tom1356
05-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Congratulations!
This place is truly an amazing part of cyberspace.
Well Done.:applaud:

SMKSoundPro
05-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Happy birthday, Congratulations and Thank you!!!

hjames
05-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Thanks to the visionaries who started the site, to the staff who keep it going, and to the supporters who've "fed the kitty" with funds and documents to keep the site lively and informative!

What a wonderful 10 years!

Earl K
05-26-2010, 04:14 AM
Happy Tenth, Lansing Heritage !

:D Earl K

boputnam
05-26-2010, 04:02 PM
...and Thank you!!!Yeah, thanks, Don.

This whole thing, like every great idea, needed a protagonist.

Without you, there would not be us...

JBL 4645
05-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Don
I’m glad that a site was developed for the JBL/Altec enthusiast this place has kinder been home (that sounds corny but its true).

The site is invaluable with everything that JBL or Altec.

Hats off to the moderating team that sometimes have to put a leash on me.:p (down boy, boy down). No they are wonderful at keeping things in order with fierce conviction.

Happy 10th LHF and many more
Sooty also approves with 5 paws.
:applaud:

spkrman57
05-27-2010, 08:05 AM
I have learned quite a bit about JBL products through this forum and the library also!

Cheers!

Ron

louped garouv
06-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Congratulations

for being able to create and maintain such a bastion of technical and anecdotal information, filled with folks with a genuine interest in maintaining The Brand's Legacy

lgvenable
06-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Certainly the LHF has turned into my daily source of a JBL lore, and I think the folks that host the forum are unsung hero's. Thanks to Don and all the moderators who help keep an even keel on LHF.

Think of it, while we might all have different interests, the LHF is one place where we leave out all discussion of subjects we might not agree on to discuss JBL facts and more; while making friends. I wish I'd joined earlier, but finally did in 2005, two and a half years after I started reading it

Happy 10th LHF!!:applaud:

Rolf
06-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Happy 10 years LH! I believe I joined in 2001, (If somebody can tell me the exact date it would be nice) and therefore I will have my 10th next year.

Thanks to all that is a part of holding this site going.

bigyank
06-07-2010, 06:02 AM
Happy 10 years LH! I believe I joined in 2001, (If somebody can tell me the exact date it would be nice) and therefore I will have my 10th next year.

Thanks to all that is a part of holding this site going.

Rolf you joined 04-25-2003. Happy birthday LH........:D

4313B
06-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Rolf you joined 04-25-2003.No, he joined earlier on a previous version of the forum. There have been three or four versions. Alot of us joined the same year the first forum went up.

Thanks Don & Steve & Steve, John and Ann, Moderators and Members.

Titanium Dome
06-07-2010, 08:49 AM
I joined when all I had were my original L100s and my first L7s and my JBL interest was waning. I think my original moniker was L100 Century or maybe just Century. Not too original... :o:

...and I posted less than a dozen times.

It's probably just as well that the first forums disappeared, forcing me to come up with the brilliant nom de plume Titanium Dome and return here when the Performance Series arrived on my doorstep and the JBL passion was burning bright.

As chaotic and neurotic as this place can be, it's still one of the better communities I visit, and I've made some good friends and contacts here.

I'll have a rum runner in Lansing Heritage's honor. :cheers:

Rolf
06-08-2010, 06:08 AM
That's right! Is it somebody that has the info exactly when?

No, he joined earlier on a previous version of the forum. There have been three or four versions. Alot of us joined the same year the first forum went up.

Thanks Don & Steve & Steve, John and Ann, Moderators and Members.

JBL 4645
06-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Rolf you joined 04-25-2003. Happy birthday LH........:D

I was about to say the same thing LOL (Join Date Apr 2003) Rolf is funny bugger. :p

That's right! Is it somebody that has the info exactly when?

Unless you have two accounts! :p