PDA

View Full Version : MR938 sleeper?

pathfindermwd
05-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Hi all, In the same vein that many here use studio monitors for home audiophile use, I am also looking to jbl pro for solid performance and audiophile quality. Does anyone here have experience with this speaker, the few comments I have found about it suggest that it is a fantastic speaker. I also like that it has a horn setup. There is a set for 700 on craigslist, I am drooling over.

Fred Sanford
05-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi all, In the same vein that many here use studio monitors for home audiophile use, I am also looking to jbl pro for solid performance and audiophile quality. Does anyone here have experience with this speaker, the few comments I have found about it suggest that it is a fantastic speaker. I also like that it has a horn setup. There is a set for 700 on craigslist, I am drooling over.

I've used these a number of times doing live sound, but never got a chance to really test them for hi-fi quality. The 18" woofers in these seemed to be a bit on the fragile side, the band that owned these blew at least four of them that I know of, the cones broke in a circle around the dust caps, and the cone kits were cost-prohibitive. Just impressions, no solid info really.

je