PDA

View Full Version : L20T a bit Zingy ?

LE15-Thumper
05-17-2010, 06:35 AM
I have found recently my L20T's sound a bit "bright" in the upper treble region. I am using a very good 6DJ8 based linestage and a very smooth, flat response MOSFET power amp. I have used this Pre-Pwr setup on many speakers (JBL and others) and not found the same "zingy-ness" or excessive brightness before.

Is this how these sound normally ?

Thanks guys.

And yes,....I said "Zingy" :dont-know:

subwoof
05-17-2010, 04:24 PM
That sounds like tweeter "spit"

Anytime added harmonics are added into the tweeter ( usually due to crap in the gap or someone foolishly thinking that MP3 files off youtube are clean ) output it makes them sound harsh.

There is a small foam "button" behind the dustcap on the 035T that can go bad just like surrounds on woofers and put debris in the gap. If you know a real good reconer, have him remove the dia and inspect.

sub

Earl K
05-17-2010, 05:16 PM
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=32086&d=1208094566

- Here's a shot of the foam pad that's inside one of my 035Ti(s) .

- It's a damping pad . It's supposed to lightly touch the inside of the diaphragms dome .
- If it loses physical contact with the dome , the damping is lost, allowing the full "Zing" of that titanium to be unleashed .

- This may be why yours has gone zingy . OTOH, you may just not like titanium .:p

<> cheers