PDA

View Full Version : Tech Sheets Offline?

Titanium Dome
05-10-2010, 11:12 PM
I've tried many links in the Consumer Tech Links forum and none seem to be working. Anyone else not able to access this info?

Fred Sanford
05-11-2010, 04:32 AM
I've tried many links in the Consumer Tech Links forum and none seem to be working. Anyone else not able to access this info?

I tried, can't access...:(

je

BMWCCA
05-11-2010, 05:26 AM
Started last week. Glad I archived the PDFs for the stuff I own. Maybe we have to connect via a Mexican URL? ;)

Oddly enough, the Pro links are still available: http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Studio%20Monitor%20Series/4412ALR.pdf

And what do we make of the new logo?

Earl K
05-11-2010, 05:27 AM
I suspect they're now gone for good ( they were never an entitlement , btw ) .

Hopefully most were saved by LHF members while they were still available .

<> cheers

4313B
05-11-2010, 05:56 AM
Started last week. Glad I archived the PDFs for the stuff I own. Maybe we have to connect via a Mexican URL? ;)Nope, all that stuff "belongs" to India now...

Mexico is a manufacturing facility. JBL is sourcing more and more drivers from third party vendors so there will be less and less actual JBL drivers (they'll be branded).

And what do we make of the new logo?As was mentioned for the upteenth time last week, the legacy is over...

Robh3606
05-11-2010, 07:31 AM
Damn!! Well we have PDF back-ups on all the legacy product but only some of the new stuff

Rob:)

grumpy
05-11-2010, 07:40 AM
And what do we make of the new logo?

Reminds me of the Datsun/Nissan logo transition...

Next it would be HARMAN /jbl, then poof.

Wait, are we talking about Sidney Harman or Larry Harmon?

Titanium Dome
05-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Wait, are we talking about Sidney Harman or Larry Harmon?

I think we're talking about harmin' the brand. :dead_horse:

BMWCCA
05-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Damn!! Well we have PDF back-ups on all the legacy product but only some of the new stuffI noticed the L1 page disappeared months ago. Luckily I'd saved it. Then I went in and saved some more. Should we pool our resources? Check with Harman to see if it's a permanent situation? See if we can get the files to support the library even if Harman doesn't want them on-line on their site? I'm sure someone still has enough rapport to get 'er done! :thmbsup:

Robh3606
05-11-2010, 05:44 PM
See if we can get the files to support the library even if Harman doesn't want them on-line on their site?

I was given a disk by JBL Consumer that has the files. Copies went to Don years ago. I used to just Email the PDF's to people if they had a request. Geez that was a couple of forums ago! If Don gives the OK we could always set them up some where if the ones in links don't come back up. We can't do it without asking permission. It's all copyrighted.

Rob:)

Don McRitchie
05-12-2010, 03:46 PM
I intend to ask JBL if we can put them up on our site. It will take a while to get this done, assuming we get permission as I am working on a number of differrent website issues right now. I'll keep you apprised.

Titanium Dome
05-12-2010, 07:49 PM
I intend to ask JBL if we can put them up on our site. It will take a while to get this done, assuming we get permission as I am working on a number of differrent website issues right now. I'll keep you apprised.

Thanks, Don. Hoping for a positive result...

If you succeed, I'll buy you another dinner next time you're in SoCal. Heck, I might even invite you over to my house.

4313B
05-12-2010, 09:45 PM
I finally had a moment to see exactly what the problem was and it appears that JBL has merely moved all the documents to a different domain - which used to be http://manuals.harman.com/

The domain they moved them all to actually makes perfect sense but it really isn't for the general public so I won't bother updating all the links I posted (it could be a ton of work).

It could just be a temporary thing as they make changes to their website so I'm going to leave well enough alone.

hjames
05-13-2010, 03:21 AM
I finally had a moment to see exactly what the problem was and it appears that JBL has merely moved all the documents to a different domain - which used to be http://manuals.harman.com/

The domain they moved them all to actually makes perfect sense but it really isn't for the general public so I won't bother updating all the links I posted (it could be a ton of work).

It could just be a temporary thing as they make changes to their website so I'm going to leave well enough alone.

Of course, you COULD post the link to one of the tech sheets in the thread here,
and let us extrapolate what the others are, from that example, just to help the rest of us along ...
certainly couldn't hurt ... and many of us WOULD be appreciative. :)

4313B
05-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Of course, you COULD post the link to one of the tech sheets in the thread here,
and let us extrapolate what the others are, from that example, just to help the rest of us along ...
certainly couldn't hurt ... and many of us WOULD be appreciative. :)The problem is that I don't want to post the link on a public domain. I'd rather just wait and see what JBL is up to. It looks like a work in progress to me. This has happened before.

brad347
05-16-2010, 06:21 AM
Reminds me of the Datsun/Nissan logo transition...

Next it would be HARMAN /jbl, then poof.

Maybe that should happen sooner than later. Then someone who wanted to make really nice speakers could buy the name and all would be right with the world.

hjames
05-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Maybe that should happen sooner than later. Then someone who wanted to make really nice speakers could buy the name and all would be right with the world.

Nah, some cheap bastids would buy up the respected name, crank out turd speakers and only slightly related electronic like computer or MP3 player gear, sell the name another 4 or 5 times until no one knew the real story or who was even involved anymore, then come back and sell "Heritage" speakers with all the look and none of the skills of the original team, who by that time would all have passed and not be telling truthy tales ...

Cynical?
Nah, not me - I've already got my speaker systems for retirement!:D

brad347
05-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Maybe some folks here should pool resources and start a company called LBJ! and make real JBL speakers like the old days,.

Then they could put a picture of Lyndon Johnson's face on the back of the cabinet and say the trademark was not infringement, but just coincidence. :)

Earl K
05-28-2010, 06:08 AM
Tech Sheets Offline?

- They're now back online .

<> cheers

4313B
05-28-2010, 06:38 AM
:D

BMWCCA
05-28-2010, 07:13 PM

And I truly missed them. Thanks to anyone who had anything to do with convincing JBL not to send the tech sheets to Mexico... ;)

Titanium Dome
06-03-2010, 07:25 AM

<> cheers

Not that I didn't believe this, but I checked a couple days in a row, and they do work! This is good news indeed.

Thanks to all who helped, and thanks to Harman for the access.