PDA

View Full Version : Altec driver washers

rgwalker
04-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Does anyone have a line on replacement 2" washers that fit between the driver and the horn on an Altec 288 driver? I can buy them for $50.00 per 100 but I only need two. The drivers never seen to come with them but the only horns I have used are EV HR60s and they have a rubber gasket glued to the mounting face and it hasn't been an issue. However, I have another pair of 288Cs coming soon and I want to use them with Altec 311-60s and will need the washers. I'll cut some rudimentary ones but would rather use the proper sized ones and don't mind paying a few dollars each for the convenience. Conversely, if enough people are interested I'll buy the bag of 100 and sell them off to recoup some of my money. Thanks

Bob Walker
[email protected]
[email protected]

1audiohack
04-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Hi Bob;

Long time no speak! Hope you are well.

If it is something I could easily machine for you I would be happy to just make you a couple. Send a scetch if you like, here or to gearworks at msn.com . That would give me a good excuse to get out of the shop and come see you!

All the best,
Barry.

rgwalker
04-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Barry: That will be great and I'd like to mess around with the measurements again. I've got some new stuff in different parts of the house and I've educated myself slightly and have been playing with baffles and speaker positioning in the living room. However, I'd like the excuse to visit the shop.

The washers are 2" OD with a 1.25" ID and are either 3/32" or 1/8" thick. I was originally going to keep the one from the 288-16G and use it as a template so I didn't pay attention. However, after I posted the auction I put myself in the buyers shoes and decided to include it.

For all that I know the 288Cs are slightly different I'll get an exact measurement when they arrive. I'll email you directly when it's ready.

Bob W