PDA

View Full Version : Restoring Original L-1005 wiring......

gabewg
04-21-2010, 07:06 PM
I recently acquired a mostly all original L-1005. It is missing a few pieces of wire, and the woofers have been rewired with brown lamp cord. I would like to rewire everything as close to factory as possible.
The wire that looks the oldest in the cabinet, is just solid wire, with a green fabric jacket. Does anybody have any ideas where to get similar wire these days to keep it as original as possible?

Steve Schell
04-28-2010, 07:18 AM
When rewiring Lansing Iconics I have used the stranded, braided wire from Antique Electronic supply with good results:

http://www.tubesandmore.com/scripts/foxweb.dll/catalog@d:/dfs/elevclients/cemirror/ELEVATOR.FXP?PAGE=SUBCAT&SEARCH_TREE01=WIRE&SEARCH_TREE02=01_COTTONBRAID

gabewg
04-28-2010, 08:29 PM
i recently acquired a mostly all original l-1005. It is missing a few pieces of wire, and the woofers have been rewired with brown lamp cord. I would like to rewire everything as close to factory as possible.
The wire that looks the oldest in the cabinet, is just solid wire, with a green fabric jacket. Does anybody have any ideas where to get similar wire these days to keep it as original as possible?

"d-1005"