PDA

View Full Version : 112a

lpd
04-16-2010, 10:38 AM
My L-212's have different cones on the 112A's. One is ribbed the other smooth. I assume the smooth was a recone at some point and JBL doesn't offer the cone anymore. Is there a cone that properly fits into this driver to match both drivers?

Thanks

rdgrimes
04-16-2010, 08:01 PM
The official JBL re-cone was smooth. It's common to see them now days with that cone. Put the grills on and forget about it. ;)

Earl K
04-17-2010, 07:59 AM
Hi LPD,

-As rdgrimes said , the official JBL re-cone kit was eventually shipped with a smooth cone ( this, I "parrot" from info that Giskard stated some time back ) .

- He (4313b) also mentioned these new kits shipped with the wrong MMS ( too light a cone ) necessitating an addition of some Aquaplas ( painted on ) to bring it all back into original spec. ( ie; TS parameters )

- Sorry, ( I know , too much information / without any resolution being offered /my bad ) .

- Do you hear any difference between the two ?
- If not, you're good to go .

<> cheers

lpd
04-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Thanks guys. I haven't done any critical listening yet as I just picked them up with the sub. Haven't different drivers makes for a good leverage bargaining though. Can cone kits still be purchased?

Earl K
04-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Can cone kits still be purchased?

- I don't know if the kits are still available to authorized JBL reconers ( find one local to you & ask them for a price ;) )

- I do know that JBL re-cone kits are never available to the retail end-user ( ie; you & I ) excepting odd circumstances ( ie; eBay sell-off ) .

<> cheers :)

lpd
04-19-2010, 04:48 PM
I just purchased another pair of L-212's so I will now have 4 112a's to pick from and spare drivers. I'm sure no one here has any spare drivers haha

rdgrimes
04-19-2010, 08:01 PM
I think the last pair of 112A on eBay went for >$400. :( The 112H is no easier to find but is actually more common. Don't be surprised if the "new" pair shows up with 112H.