PDA

View Full Version : Jbl Speaker system 001 I think

bflanders1
04-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Back in the early 60's I build the C40 enclosure and installed the D130a and 075 bullet. Here it is 50 plus years later and I want to do the same again. The problem is locating the speakers at an reasonable price doesn't seem to be possible. What I would like to know is what would be a good (or better) substitution for those speakers if I am not able to put in the same. I am also considering putting in the 175 DLH Drivers, 1217-190 horns or their' equivalent (if they are not available). Again What would replace the 175's drivers and horn? Thank You Very Much for your attention to my request, Bruce Flanders [email protected]

jcrobso
04-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Back in the early 60's I build the C40 enclosure and installed the D130a and 075 bullet. Here it is 50 plus years later and I want to do the same again. The problem is locating the speakers at an reasonable price doesn't seem to be possible. What I would like to know is what would be a good (or better) substitution for those speakers if I am not able to put in the same. I am also considering putting in the 175 DLH Drivers, 1217-190 horns or their' equivalent (if they are not available). Again What would replace the 175's drivers and horn? Thank You Very Much for your attention to my request, Bruce Flanders [email protected]
But I used a D140F and LE175HL.
Do you still have the plains for the C40?
There are a lot of JBL speakers that would work, What is your budget?
When I built mine at first I could only get the D140F and a cheep HF horn.
I saved up the money and later on got the LE175HL.
look here for some options.
http://www.parts-express.com/speakers.cfm
There are some good HF horns and drivers, as well as some good LF speakers. Many sound very good, but so far in my life only JBL sounds like JBL. All the vintage speakers show up on eBay and they then to cost = or < than the did new 50 years ago. This show how good of a speaker they really are!

robertbartsch
04-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Those components are still sold frequently but are not dirt cheap if that is what you were expecting. I use a pair of 075s ring radiators (2402) as tweeters in fairly high-end Hi-Fi monitors in my basement. You can still get OEM diaphragms for these pups but they are not cheap and won't be around much longer IMO.

Good luck with your project.