PDA

View Full Version : Seawolf97 Sails Solidly!

Titanium Dome
04-09-2010, 06:04 AM
There's no doubt that at 61, SEAWOLF97 sails solidly into the decade of his sixties.

:smthsail:

Happy birthday, my friend, and may your voyage, via boat, plane, car, bike, or foot always include your loving companion and JBLs at the terminus and along the way.

Best wishes for good health, happiness, adventure, and love. :cheers:

:birthday:

jcrobso
04-09-2010, 07:40 AM
There's no doubt that at 61, SEAWOLF97 sails solidly into the decade of his sixties.

:smthsail:

Happy birthday, my friend, and may your voyage, via boat, plane, car, bike, or foot always include your loving companion and JBLs at the terminus and along the way.

Best wishes for good health, happiness, adventure, and love. :cheers:

:birthday:

When I was young I thought sixty was so old.:( Now that I'm 65, 61 doesn't seem so old any more.:blink:
ENJOY THE DAY!!!!:applaud::applaud:

hjames
04-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Yes yes, may Seawolf enjoy the life of leisure - bicycling and sporting through his golden years ... enjoy the time, enjoy the music! Kudos to you, sir!

Titanium Dome
04-09-2010, 08:07 AM
When I was young I thought sixty was so old.:( Now that I'm 65, 61 doesn't seem so old any more.:blink:
ENJOY THE DAY!!!!:applaud::applaud:

My birthday's coming soon, but I'll only be 59, so you're both seniors to me. :p

SEAWOLF97
04-09-2010, 09:20 AM
WOW...thanx, this forum has enriched me , I've always been rather a "Lone Ranger/Wolf" who only relied on myself and didnt communicate much with the world...this is the only forum that I'm on..and you guys/gals have helped me a lot...TD even came out of retirement to start this thread....:applaud:
(ENDOFMUSH)

Got my free Red Robbin B-day burger yesterday, so its gonna take a lot of bike miles today to work that off...:(

found out by surprise last week that a website is selling photos of me.(only $40 for an 8x10).......and some I shot.
http://www.baystatemilitaria.com/vietnam/vietnampaper.htm
(about a third of the way down the page)

a friend in OZ sent me this greeting :

Why Old Guys should be Drafted instead of young 'uns
New Direction for any war: Send Service Vets over 60!

I am over 60 and the Armed Forces think I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older than 42 to join the military. They've got the whole thingbackwards. Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters: Researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds.Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy..

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. 'My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry' We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some idiot that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 am. Old guys always get up early to pee so what the heck? Besides, like I said, 'I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son-of-a-britches.

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brain teaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys.. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we're used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however. I've been in combat and didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training.

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start up a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head...

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way..

Let us old guys track down those dirty rotten coward terrorists. The last thing an enemy would want to see is a couple of million ticked off old farts with attitudes and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them..

***Hey, I know, How about recruiting Women over 50 ...in menopause!!! You think Old Men have attitudes!!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh myGosh!!! If nothing else, put them on border patrol.... They will have it secured the first night!

Uncle Paul
04-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Happy Birthday, Tom!

macaroonie
04-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Cheers Tom and many more of them :applaud: ------ Mac

Krunchy
04-09-2010, 11:53 AM
:birthday: Tom & many more. BTW I like your friends rationale, he's got a lot of valid points :D

Enjoy! :dancin::banana:

spkrman57
04-09-2010, 04:48 PM
I hear your friend about us old guys coming back in the military.

Unfortunately they have too many rules today that we did not have to be annoyed with back in our day!

I'm not going into details, and don't want anyone else to either!

I glad you posted your friends:

" Why Old Guys should be Drafted instead of young 'uns"

Have a good year and many to come!!!

Regards, Ron

opimax
04-09-2010, 04:52 PM
HaPpY BiRtHDaY ToM!

Enjoying music and biking I hope

Best wishes and health to you

Mark

:applaud::D:applaud::D:applaud::D:applaud::D

lgvenable
04-09-2010, 07:51 PM
and many more..

Doc Mark
04-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Hi, Tom,

Sorry I missed your day, Mate! Welcome to 60!! I made that bend in the river in November, and hey, it's ain't half bad!! I rather like being "the old guy", and I suspect that you, too, will get a kick out of it! Happy Birthday, Wolf, and here's to many, many more!! Thanks for all that you have offered on LH, and long may that continue!! :applaud::applaud::D Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

SEAWOLF97
04-10-2010, 08:55 PM
So we went out last night to use up the B-day complementary Home Town buffet dinner..stuffed with steak & shrimp and fresh ice cream ..could barely walk or even sleep as I was so full....

BUT it was OK as the weather forecast for Saturday was 63degrees and no rain....planned to do the East circuit out to Gresham. Got up this morning and it was beautiful EXCEPT for a gusty East wind. I dont like riding in wind...so took till noon to decide to do it.

Its a nice trip as I can hit 2 flea markets before the torture of my nemesis hill and then on to 2 thrifts (1 had a half price weekend). The hill runs from 206th to 224th. it just doesnt give you anywhere to rest..

At the last flea market , I was securing the bike and another guy (abt 25) was chaining up next to me...we got to bitching about the wind and he relayed about trying to climb the hill today unsuccessfully. He'd go till he ran out of breath, then walk it for a while, ride again, walk it again and finally be up it.

I was resigned to following his example....could not even coast downhill into the wind...news said it was gusting at 30-40 MPH.

Started up it and almost immediately - muscle burn...but then through the iPods earpieces I thought I heard "Use the gears Luke" errr...TOM. Well I hunkered down so that I could only see pavement 15 feet ahead , and started downshifting...prolly went thru all 24 gears..kept telling myself...."I can almost see the top , can almost smell it"....I'll be darned..I made it , its a tough hill for me on a perfect day, today gears were prolly at 1 to 1 when I reached the top, at mebbe 1/2 MPH. ...tired now, but it sure feels good.

Only found 1 record , but I think the trip itself was the reward...:D

BMWCCA
04-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Keep up the good work! Belated best wishes for many more, from someone (now!) three-years your junior.

SpeakerLabFan
04-11-2010, 10:56 AM
A belated Happy Birthday! Keep the wheels and the records spinning!

SEAWOLF97
04-14-2010, 09:37 AM
An elderly man in Queensland had owned a large property for several years.

He had a dam in the next paddock, fixed up nice - picnic tables,horseshoe courts, and some mango and avocado trees. The dam was properly
shaped and fixed up for swimming when it was built.

One evening the old farmer decided to go down to the dam, as he hadn't been there for a while, to look it over. He grabbed a five gallon bucket
to bring back some fruit. As he neared the dam, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee.

As he came closer he saw it was a bunch of young women skinny-dipping in his dam.

He made the women aware of his presence and they all went to the deepend. One of the women shouted to him, "We're not coming out until you leave!"

The old man frowned, "I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim naked, or make you get out of the dam naked."

Holding the bucket up he said, "I'm here to feed the crocodile."

Moral: Old men might walk slow but they can still think fast.

grumpy
04-14-2010, 10:17 AM
:rotfl:

SEAWOLF97
04-14-2010, 11:08 AM
:rotfl:

Dont be laffing quite so loud Grumpy , I found a book that shows how old you are...
:)

grumpy
04-14-2010, 01:49 PM
yep, 325 and counting. Comes with working in a diamond mine
and crushing on a (mostly) dead chick.

SEAWOLF97
04-27-2010, 11:19 AM
My birthday's coming soon, but I'll only be 59, so you're both seniors to me. :p

so I went out and bought your new CD early (since I can't resist Paris :bouncy:)

hjames
04-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Wow - are you guys still getting older??
Whats with that?
I quit bragging about the passing years a while back, now I just smile ...
'sides, the younger ones have no idea anyway!:applaud:

grumpy
04-27-2010, 02:38 PM
h'yeah... like fine wine, ... or cheese, ... or something... I forget...? :blink:
What was the question?

SEAWOLF97
04-27-2010, 02:53 PM
What was the question?

How do you tie your room together ?

Whats with that?

Obviously you're not a golfer

grumpy
04-27-2010, 03:12 PM
How do you tie your room together ?Apparently with matching walnut panel things, that vary in height and
have brown, blue, or black front-surface fabric covers :screwy:

(the rug's long gone)

SEAWOLF97
04-27-2010, 07:28 PM
(the rug's long gone)

did the Nihilists take it ?? or just Jackie Treehorn's thugs ??

herki the cat
04-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Whats with that?

My two cents = Mark Twain once said:"I always thought my father was the most stupid fellow ever...But now that i am 30 years old, he has suddenly become very intelligent"

I managed for a while with saying: "Young man :dont-know but , I have a 30 year jump on you & a few hard knocks you can avoid, ok ?"

herki the cat
04-28-2010, 08:54 AM
h'yeah... like fine wine, ... or cheese, ... or something... I forget..:blink:.? What was the question?

Typical Grumpy=:blink:I forget.."What was the question?")

I got a good laugh out of that one.:bouncy: Nice !