PDA

View Full Version : help. rebuild or part out SR8

locasaurus
04-07-2010, 11:49 AM
I recently received a pair of speakers with the guts of the SR8 system. The components are all original, look good and measure fine electrically. I have not yet had a chance to listen to them. The cabs, however, are in rough shape. My question is: for resale purposes, would it be worth the time and material to rebuild the cabs? should I sell as is, or just part it out? I build furniture so wouldnt be paying someone and i just do not have room to keep them as great as the reviews on this forum makes them sound. thanks in advance.
loc

pete
04-09-2010, 09:56 AM
I'll jump in here and tell what I did. Sold my Olympus C50 S8R systems a couple yrs ago for 1600 in as new condition when built in 1970 from JBL plans and components. I bought em from builder in 75. Buyer was extatic to get em. Coulda got 3K but Im not greedy and didnt give 1600 for them so I did ok.
Id 1st try selling yours intact and if no takers try by component(parts). Set a price you want and see what happens. Its all a crapshoot and these guys arn't for the masses, only heavyduty JBL/audio heads. BIG and HEAVY.
good luck