PDA

View Full Version : Jbl 4652

terry37932
03-31-2010, 07:53 AM
Anyone on this great site know where I can find information on the 4652 Professional Audio Speaker?

Thanks, T.

bigyank
03-31-2010, 07:56 AM
http://www.jblpro.com/pub/obsolete/4652.pdf

Maybe you could explain in detail what your question(s) is/are.

Welcome!

Yank

terry37932
03-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Yank,

Thanks.

terry37932
03-31-2010, 09:58 AM
Yank,

Thanks. T

terry37932
04-01-2010, 11:41 AM
OK, let's put it this way, has anyone out there ever owned a pair of 4652's? If so do you consider them a worthy addition to an average listening room?

Thanks,

T.

hjames
04-01-2010, 11:44 AM
OK, let's put it this way, has anyone out there ever owned a pair of 4652's? If so do you consider them a worthy addition to an average listening room?

Thanks,

T.

The brochure says Two-Way Utility Sound Reinforcement System -
and they look like they are for Sound reinforcement work -
not the average listening room ...

Depending on what the asking price is, you might find speakers that are better suited for your listening/music styles ...

terry37932
04-01-2010, 01:04 PM
The brochure says Two-Way Utility Sound Reinforcement System -
and they look like they are for Sound reinforcement work -
not the average listening room ...

Depending on what the asking price is, you might find speakers that are better suited for your listening/music styles ...

James, thanks for the info...they are on ebay for $375.00, you talked me out of them.

bennosteve
11-08-2012, 10:59 AM
I have installed many dozens of these in churches, hockey rinks, etc, and I own 5 of them now (refurbished with some parts generic). Look at the specs: http://www.jblpro.com/pub/obsolete/4652.pdf

Refurbishing with JBL parts costs more for one cone that the value (average selling price) of these fine loudspeaker systems. I have two Afro-American church clients who get down HEAVY, close talking (yelling) their dynamic handheld mics and driving these bad-boys to the level the threshhold of pain for the congregation. Once in a while they pop a tweeter coil, but that's about every 5 years, and they beat the hell out of them. They are what they are. Are they about the cheapest pro-level JBL's of the 12" two-way available 15 years ago? Yes. But they don't suck by any means and they aren't peizo horns or Chinese copies of American Technology, or even made in China (at least I think not). With an appropriate sobWOOFER they can rock your world, even in a monstrous hockey rink (I've done 11 rinks with them.)

If I had more money than brains I'd renew them with all JBL parts and make a surround-sound system for my man-cave, but it's too small for such nonsense. A community theatre, or barn or large-house listening room theater would be a fine application on a budget. I'll sell all 5 for 875 plus shipping or you pick up or we meet somewhere (I'm in Central Michigan). Design assistance no extra charge. U-shaped 'bales' are a dandy was to hang them from beams with beam clamps using grade 8 hardware and loc-tite. Or, forged shoulder-bolts (exta) with chain or wire-rope (also available).

Ideal power is convection-cooled amps apprx 300 to 400 per ch. at 8 ohms (if you need to take it to the limit). With 1-Watt input they are louder than most would care to hear, on the other hand.

For the price of these, you could buy crap, or JBL. When my Chevy gets an aftermarket rebuild engine, it's still a chevy. Mabe not as fast or smooth, maybe better - who know?

Steve Roth
Roth Electric Sound
Central Michigan

Steve Roth [email protected]