PDA

View Full Version : JBL crossover terminals

Old Stogy
03-29-2010, 09:13 AM
I acquired a pair of N1200 crossovers to upgrade my JBL speakers. Unfortunately I didn't inspect the terminals for tightness. When I hooked them up I discovered the input terminals to be loose. The operation is intermittent if I wiggle the terminal. Is there any way to tighten them since the boxes are sealed at thefactory?

R/Gary

Wagner
03-29-2010, 09:16 AM
I acquired a pair of N1200 crossovers to upgrade my JBL speakers. Unfortunately I didn't inspect the terminals for tightness. When I hooked them up I discovered the input terminals to be loose. The operation is intermittent if I wiggle the terminal. Is there any way to tighten them since the boxes are sealed at thefactory?

R/Gary

Which style N1200?

Thomas

Old Stogy
03-29-2010, 07:27 PM
I new I would forget that detail. These are the newer style, in a black case, that mount in a back panel cutout. Tried to attach a picture, but it didn't display.

1audiohack
03-30-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm pretty sure you get to UNseal it.

edgewound
03-30-2010, 02:47 PM

R/Gary

Pull on the terminal while turning clockwise...It's fastened to the body with a screw. A solder lug is affixed to the screw. Tighten'er up and that should fix it. If it doesn't...it goes deeper than that...but can still be fixed.

Old Stogy
04-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks, they tightened right up. I was reluctant to turn them since I didn't know how they were connected on the inside.