PDA

View Full Version : JBL service tech review - awesome!

intotubes
03-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Just picked up my LE-85's from the tech recommended by louped garouv (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/member.php?u=792). What an experience! I had a wonderful time and an excellent repair provided by Al Garza, the certified repair technician at Audio Analysts in Colorado Springs, CO. This guy is 1st class and the business he works for surprised me in the scope of the services they provide. According to Al, Bruce Springsteen is their most loyal customer. They provide all the PA and stage gear for many many professional acts since the '70's. He had stories of Peter Frampton, Sammy Hagar, Norah Jones, Conan O'Brian, and others I forgot.

What an outfit. They are the 4th largest PA gear supplier in the US.
Al was so personable and easy to work with. He took me right into the repair shop without hesitation and began tearing down my drivers while I waited. I told him my wife was in the car and we wanted to check out the 'Springs for a couple of hours since we hadn't been there in some 15 years. He said he would work on my stuff first and then go back to what he was doing.

After my wife and I got back he offered a tour of the facility and I gladly accepted. Pictures were allowed and I snapped a few while we were in there. JBL geeks would have been very impressed. I certainly was. Row upon row of professional speakers, amps, mixers, cabling, and misc stage gear. They even design and manufacture their own subwoofer enclosures utilizing dual 18" drivers! They also had rows of "old" speakers that were too large to be used by modern acts. Apparently cargo space is a premium over size. There were pictures on the wall of these set ups used for well known bands, the list is too big to type. They also had vintage drivers, rebuilt and tested, that were slated for disposal on various auction sites.

One thing that was special was since they cater to Bruce Springsteen - he doesn't like a lot of PA gear visible on stage - they created a custom low boy enclosure for housing dual 12's or single 15's or whatever was required. VERY professional and a quality build. There was so much gear I couldn't take it all in. I definitely took my precious drivers to the right place. I am a very satisfied customer and wanted share the fun experience I had.

-Mark (intotubes)

Here's a few pics of the place

1audiohack
03-26-2010, 07:59 PM
I have bought quite a bit of JBL from these folks on the bay. I would recomend them to anyone! Everything I received was in better condition than I ever hoped for and the packing is stellar. They really are top shelf.