PDA

View Full Version : Excurted 2213h woofer

original jblguy
03-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi,

I stored a couple 2213's face to face magnet down for some time. when i went to use them the cones settled out in one direction. is there any thing i can do, such as storing them in the opposite direction for a while???

Thanks, in advance :o:

Robh3606
03-21-2010, 08:22 PM
I have 2 pair I flip every month or so.

Rob:)

subwoof
03-22-2010, 08:21 AM
On the foam woofers that protrude beyond the gasket I install a 1/4 t-nut with a short bolt on the mounting holes so they can be stored face down while inside the box.

Another tip is to use some empty toilet paper rolls ( cut in half ) that are partially flattened in between the frame ribs and cone to push the cone *out* to help correct a storage sag. Use at least 4 to evenly support the cone.

It's an art form and different for each type...good luck

sub

badman
03-22-2010, 09:29 AM
On the foam woofers that protrude beyond the gasket I install a 1/4 t-nut with a short bolt on the mounting holes so they can be stored face down while inside the box.

Another tip is to use some empty toilet paper rolls ( cut in half ) that are partially flattened in between the frame ribs and cone to push the cone *out* to help correct a storage sag. Use at least 4 to evenly support the cone.

It's an art form and different for each type...good luck

sub

One can also use a small DC source and bias the cone in the correct amount and direction.