PDA

View Full Version : D120F (Fender Orange issue) VC holes

Krischu
03-19-2010, 02:59 AM
I bought a kit from - I believe it was - Weber speaker repair some time ago consisting of voice coil, cone, spider, etc. and would like to start the repair finally.

When looking at the original VC, I see that it has a couple of (maybe 12) holes in the circumference of the capton carrier. The repair VC doesn't have it.

I guess this "perforation" has the purpose of letting air flow along the VC and
influencing certain damping properties of the ensemble voice coil-cone-spider, so to say, the "motor".

--
Christoph

edgewound
03-20-2010, 11:54 AM
I bought a kit from - I believe it was - Weber speaker repair some time ago consisting of voice coil, cone, spider, etc. and would like to start the repair finally.

When looking at the original VC, I see that it has a couple of (maybe 12) holes in the circumference of the capton carrier. The repair VC doesn't have it.

I guess this "perforation" has the purpose of letting air flow along the VC and
influencing certain damping properties of the ensemble voice coil-cone-spider, so to say, the "motor".

--
Christoph

Unfortunately, the Weber kit is not even close to the OEM parts. Yeah, they fit....they don't sound..and that's why you buy a JBL...Redone many with the right parts to be a real JBL.

rozi46
04-14-2010, 02:47 AM
Hi Krischu,
i am agree with edgewound,He is right that he Weber kit is not even close to the OEM parts.the specifications are B&K 50 Serise 2 preamp
Crown VFX2 crossover
Two Crown K1's.thanks

jcrobso
04-14-2010, 07:50 AM
I know the current kit is for JBL E120.
Some FYI the only new speaker out the can compete with the JBL is the Beyma.
http://www.usspeaker.com/beyma%20liberty-1.htm

At $259 new it makes the option of getting your D120 reconed with the JBL kit viable.