PDA

View Full Version : SR 6630 Amp Questions

03-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Ok, it says on the back it was made by UREI, but the front has a nicely made plastic logo saying "Nocturne".

Who or what is Nocturne?

Amp came with a pair of 4412A's that had thin stickers with the same "Nocturne Stock #" that you can see on the rear of the amp, so it mast likely spent time driving the 4412A's...

I have yet to plug it in, not sure how many watts it can produce, but it needs a good cleaning, fan looks to be clogged.

lgvenable
07-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Mike I saw one of these on eBay in the last three months, and was interested. As best as I could determine it seemed they might have been a distributor. I only spent a couple of hours trying to track them down, and am kind of hazy; but thats what I found after lots of keyword searches ; with the search influenced by the previous results.

clmrt
07-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Is the front tag nested into a recess or is it just stuck on there?

07-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Is the front tag nested into a recess or is it just stuck on there?
Hey, Thanks for the info lgvenable! It's more than I knew before...
And yes, clmrt, there is a recess for the tag. It seems a little longer than it should be, but otherwise looks like it was mass produced.

BTW, I used it for a Fourth party in the back yard and got to crank it up for a few seconds, "Just to see what it will do" don't ya know. Sounded great and never even got warm after 8 hours!