PDA

View Full Version : $10 4311's

Cavalryman40
03-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Hi all,
I got a smoking deal today at a local thrift store. I bought a set of 4311WXA's for $10.00 :D

The cabnets are in decent shape. a few light scuffs that I think I can clean up with some elbow grease and some polish.
The drivers look good, and they are original. The dust covers on the mids are pushed in. I can fix that.
The grill cloths are trashed. They will need to be replaced. The biggest issue with them is that the cones on the 123's are no longer white. They are yellow. The privious owner must have been a heavy smoker. Does anyone know if there is a way to clean these without ruining them?

I think I am going to run these on my second system. A Marantz 2220B drive them.

I can't wait to get them fixed up.

Mr. Widget
03-07-2010, 12:56 AM
The biggest issue with them is that the cones on the 123's are no longer white. They are yellow. The privious owner must have been a heavy smoker. Does anyone know if there is a way to clean these without ruining them?There is at least one thread and perhaps several on this very subject. You should do some searches... 2004-2006 perhaps? I really don't remember as it wasn't a burning concern for me, but others have tackled this by both cleaning and repainting. You should read up on it and see what they discovered.

Congratulations on the great deal.

Widget

cooky1257
03-07-2010, 02:52 AM
Good find. I have the same speakers, the mid' dust covers are inverted-don't try to fix something that isn't broken!
Cooky