PDA

View Full Version : Estimated cost to make Model 19 boxes

robertbartsch
03-01-2010, 06:58 AM
I've been collecting components for the construction of a pair of Model 19 clones and I'm fairly close to the box construction phase.

Has anyone had a professional cabnet maker construct the Model 19 boxes according to the blue prints that are provided below?

http://home.earthlink.net/~jmarkwart/id13.html

What is a good estimate of what I might expect to pay; I'm assuming $700 - $900 in cost for the two boxes. Is this in the ball park?
Thx.

Earl K
03-01-2010, 08:12 AM
- Try "Private Messenging" Gary L or garyl ( same fellow ) and ask him if he's interested in providing you with a quote for a custom M19 build .
- His moniker over at Todds' Altec forum is "Gamalot" ( BFish may actually have a direct email address for him ).
- He hasn't posted at either forum for 14 months ( so I hope he's fine / ie; just got bored by it all & moved on :p ) .

- He's a carpenter / & lives somewhere in your state ( the Catskills , I believe ) // he has lots of experience with M19s .

- As a plus , he used to own a cache of all the necessary Altec parts for the M19 ( rebuilt & recharged by GPA ) and since he publically stated his disgust with dealing with eBay / he most likely still has them ( perhaps to sell ) .

>< cheers EarlK

robertbartsch
03-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Thx Earl...