PDA

View Full Version : Heather James Mystery Unfolds

Titanium Dome
02-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Today is La Señorita's birthday, but many questions remain unanswered. :confused:

What is her true age?
Where was she born?
Why did she become fascinated with audio?
How old was she when the hi-fi bug bit her?
When did she get her first JBL?
Who is she really?

and finally

Does she have an evil twin?

Inquiring minds want to know. :yes:

Happy Birthday, mystery woman! :birthday:

scott fitlin
02-19-2010, 08:47 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER

:birthday::dj-party::birthday:

opimax
02-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Happy Birthday Heather!!

As you get older maybe you will start cranking up a bit more so you can hear those lovely speakers a little better...Works for me

Enjoy your day

Mark

Chas
02-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Have the happiest of birthdays Heather!:birthday::cheers::banana:

jcrobso
02-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Today is La Señorita's birthday, but many questions remain unanswered. :confused:

What is her true age?
Where was she born?
Who is she really?

and finally

Does she have an evil twin?

Women are suppose to be mysterious.;)
This I know for sure since I have lived with four of them (One wife and 3 daughters), keeps me one my toes!:blink:
FYI: I have a grand daughter named Heather, enjoy the day!:applaud:

spkrman57
02-19-2010, 10:05 AM
I always look forward to your posts with great interest!;)

Regards, Ron

SEAWOLF97
02-19-2010, 10:17 AM

jblsound
02-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Hope you have a happy birthday, and don't forget to take time to listen to your system today.

mikebake
02-19-2010, 12:10 PM
IIRC she worked in a radio station with JBL monitors.

Fred Sanford
02-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Happy birthday, Heather- hope you're spoiled rotten on your day. :bouncy:

je

cosmos
02-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Birthday! :applaud::applaud::applaud:

Hope it's a good one and many more follow.

pos
02-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Happy birthday Heater! :)

Zilch
02-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Gimme an "H"...! :thmbsup:

BMWCCA
02-19-2010, 08:21 PM
As a taxpayer, I insist: Take the day off! ;)

Happy BD2U

Evil twin?? Most likely the entire Maron/Wolf vaudeville act is actually the result of Heather's invention of the tragic-comic Wolf character as a foil to her arch-enemy Maron. I say we Kryptonite both of them.

hjames
02-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Hey, thanks for the warm wishes everybody! Emma's trying to spoil me rotten - but the weekend has just begun, and I'm taking Monday off as well!!

What is her true age?
ah ah, a lady never tells such things ... thats not really important, is it?;)

Where was she born?
Washington, DC - as was mom, and my Dad was born (88 years ago)
about 12 miles from where Emma and I live today,
tho I grew up in Maryland - Mom & Dad & I never lived in Virgina ...

As a young child, with a 45 webcor record player - but the real passion hit in College
at the campus radio radio Station WUSC , in Columbia SC. I got involved with the engineering side
of the station and off I went! We had rebuilt studios with SWTPco Tiger 01 amps and JBL 4310 speakers -
and, I was done for! Never heard anything like those JBLs before and I had to have some.
Well, not exactly true - just after High School, in 1973 I saw the Grateful Dead with
The Allman Brothers band at RFK stadium in DC -
and they had the legendary Wall of Sound at that show - just WOW.

Just after college I got my first good system - tho money was tight.
I got a Yamaha CR-400, because those hand assembled 1st generation receivers
were superbly clean! Philips 212 table with a Stanton 681EE, and a pair of JBL L-36 speakers
- because I couldn't afford the L-100 that go around ...

Who is she really?

Really?? I am who I am - its just me ... just ask Phil, Mark, John, Don, Steve or Wilfredo ...

and finally - Does she have an evil twin?

Evil twin?? Perhaps more Yin Yang in the endless spiral dance ...

Hmm, Emma would politely answer that by telling you I don't suffer fools lightly ...
I would say "Life is too short for useless dancing - make every whirl count!"

Hope that clears up some of the mystery! The rest is just my perogative, and will remain unanswered!

Maron Horonzakz
02-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Wolf will cut her in half and count the rings to see how old she really is,, But i,ll bet he will need a diamond bladed power saw,,,

hjames
02-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Wolf will cut her in half and count the rings to see how old she really is,,
But i,ll bet he will need a diamond bladed power saw,,,
Hmm - its my bday, but it sounds like you're the one who's been drinking heavily
... such silly childish talk! Drink deep, my little friend - may baba yaga visit your dreams ...

Maron Horonzakz
02-19-2010, 09:42 PM
HJ,,, Would you believe I dont drink,,, Never tasted whisky in my life,,REALLY,,, I lived a block from Anheisure Bush,,Never tasted beer till i was 30... But i will tip a glass of Acai Berry juice to your health,,Cheers !!!!

BMWCCA
02-19-2010, 10:37 PM
HJ,,, Would you believe I dont drink,,, Never tasted whisky in my life,,REALLY,,, I lived a block from Anheisure Bush,,Never tasted beer till i was 30...

That's Anheuser Busch. Or maybe InBev is easier for you to spell! :banghead:

What St. Louis high-school did you attend?

I never tasted beer until I moved from St. Louis when I was 20.

scott fitlin
02-20-2010, 02:27 PM
- may baba yaga visit your dreams ...Your Russian, Heather?

demon
02-20-2010, 02:31 PM
happy birthday heather!

hope you had a nice one- and wish you many more. stay sharp!

yours,
mikey

hjames
02-20-2010, 02:35 PM
You're Russian, Heather?
Someone said Maron was ...
so after all the guff he gave me about tree rings and chainsaws,
I wished him sweet dreams:applaud:

scott fitlin
02-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Someone said Maron was ...That Russian witch baba yaga, EWWWWW!

Hope you had a NICE birthday!

demon
02-20-2010, 03:21 PM
That Russian witch baba yaga, EWWWWW!
yeah, but listening to mussorgsky i think shes pretty cool!
(thats how i was introduced to her (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pictures_at_an_Exhibition#No._9_.22.D0.98.D0.B7.D0 .B1.D1.83.D1.88.D0.BA.D0.B0_.D0.BD.D0.B0_.D0.BA.D1 .83.D1.80.D1.8C.D0.B8.D1.85_.D0.BD.D0.BE.D0.B6.D0. BA.D0.B0.D1.85.22_.28.D0.91.D0.B0.D0.B1.D0.B0-.D0.AF.D0.B3.D0.B0.29_.5BIzbushka_na_kuryikh_nozhk akh_.28Baba-Yag.C3.A1.29.5D))

cheers,
mikey

scott fitlin
02-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Someone said Maron was ...
so after all the guff he gave me about tree rings and chainsaws,
I wished him sweet dreams:applaud:I hear ya!

Doc Mark
02-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Evening, Heather!

Sorry we missed your actual birthday, but Sweet Bride and I wish you many, many more, and may they all fine you happy, healthy, and living a life filled with enjoyment and JBL!! :applaud::applaud: If I were there, right now, I'd sing you an old birthday song our road band found on a 78 RPM record! It was always very well received, and tons of fun!! In any case, hope you did have a wonderful birthday, and as always, God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc and Sweet Bride

Hofmannhp
02-21-2010, 03:59 AM
All the best for your B-day also from old Germany,

I baked a nice birthday cake for you.

HP

Woofer
02-23-2010, 04:36 AM
Sorry for the belated Happy Birthday wishes Heather. (I've been sick...) :o:

I so hope it was a good one. :D

Cheers HEAPS,
George.

jcrobso
02-23-2010, 09:02 AM
"- but the real passion hit in College
at the campus radio radio Station WUSC , in Columbia SC. I got involved with the engineering side
of the station and off I went! We had rebuilt studios."

Radio is interesting, the engineering part is easy, dealing with some on air personality people is not.:(

louped garouv
02-23-2010, 10:54 AM
^^^ that's what my friend's in radio all say...

happy belated HJ

Titanium Dome
02-23-2010, 09:26 PM
When I was student manager at WSAE-FM, there was one knucklehead who just didn't get FCC rules about decency, etc. I don't know how many times I'd have to call him and order him to pull a song off the air, for example Jefferson Airplane's "Up against the wall, Up against the wall m other fu@#er" before the FCC fined us or shut us down.

Eventually, I fired him. So Heather, thanks for the memories. :cheers:

SMKSoundPro
02-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Happy Birthday Miss Heather! Please also send our regards to the beautiful Miss Em!

Scotty and Lisa.

jcrobso
02-24-2010, 01:43 PM
When I was student manager at WSAE-FM, there was one knucklehead who just didn't get FCC rules about decency, etc. I don't know how many times I'd have to call him and order him to pull a song off the air, for example Jefferson Airplane's "Up against the wall, Up against the wall m other fu@#er" before the FCC fined us or shut us down.

Eventually, I fired him. So Heather, thanks for the memories. :cheers:
Some of the on air types don't care the stinking FCC rules!:banghead:
Yes I have had to deal with this, One guy didn't like his show interrupted by the EAS test so he would cancel it. The management explained to him that if we got fined by the FCC he would have to pay the $8000 fine out of his pocket.:D He got the message!;)

SEAWOLF97
02-26-2010, 11:42 AM
ELECTRIC HEATHER NEW - $12 (Beaverton)

Date: 2010-02-26, 9:34AM PST
New , electric heather, $12.

now THAT would be a good nickname for her ?

(turns out..it produces heat)

svollmer
02-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Dang! I visit the site every day, but usually only look at the JBL topics. I should really look around more!

SORRY FOR MISSING YOUR BIRTHDAY HEATHER! :(

I'll bring you a beer to make it up. Anheuser Busch was mentioned earlier. I'll bring you a bottle of Budweiser Budvar brought to me by a buddy who can bypss customs. It's the REAL Budweiser!

Okay, so it's sold in the US as Czechvar.

Cheers!
Steve

http://sofikarendani.blog.terra.com.ar/files/2009/08/budweiser_budvar_and_glass.jpg

hjames
02-26-2010, 06:45 PM
A good beer is great to find - I'll look forward to it!
Thanks so much, Steve! And thanks for the tip on the repair shop - I dropped that Adcom 2535 off after work today, and the counterman said it may be ready in as little as 3 weeks ... that's based on the current backlog of the Adcom tech ... seems like a nice shop - closer than I thought!

I'll bring you a beer to make it up. Anheuser Busch was mentioned earlier. I'll bring you a bottle of Budweiser Budvar brought to me by a buddy who can bypass customs. It's the REAL Budweiser!

Okay, so it's sold in the US as Czechvar.

Cheers!
Steve

hjames
02-26-2010, 06:48 PM
And thanks for the kind words everybody! tho its been a whole busy week since the actual date, with snow days and all of that, the party continues!
Emma is taking me out for Dim Sum in the morning - yummy stuff, but it can be ah ... rich ... so we only do it 2 or 3 times a year! Gotta get that in before the month ends at least!

Fred Sanford
02-26-2010, 07:23 PM
And thanks for the kind words everybody! tho its been a whole busy week since the actual date, with snow days and all of that, the party continues!
Emma is taking me out for Dim Sum in the morning - yummy stuff, but it can be ah ... rich ... so we only do it 2 or 3 times a year! Gotta get that in before the month ends at least!

I just got word a bit ago that my DC trip is not needed- so, I'll see you both another time. Sorry if I've strung you along, the school just can't get its act together.

Enjoy your Dim Sum...

je

JBL 4645
03-04-2010, 06:11 AM
:birthday: Heatherl and many more to come…:)

hjames
03-04-2010, 07:30 AM
:birthday:
Heatherl and many more to come…:)

Thanks very much ...
VERY COOL - love your Avatar (JBL cupcake picture!)!

JBL 4645
03-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Thanks very much ...
VERY COOL - love the Avatar!
No worries at all.
Screw being human. I want to be an Avatar LOL.:D