PDA

View Full Version : Jbl 4345 with MC 352

tjnif
02-18-2010, 06:01 PM
HOLY Crap! I'm not sure were to post this but I mentioned I'm a new comer here and was using my 4345's w/ 2 Mcintosh MC2000's bridged (270w of tube power) and was not really impressed w/ the performance. I borrowed a Mac Solid state MC 352 (from AudioClassics) and with 350w per channel these speakers ROCKED!!! I cannot wait to incorporate tthe MEN220 room correction/ crossover and Bi-amp these! the 352 will handle the woof's and the 2 MC2000's the mid/hi's . I will let you know my findings and provide pics in a couple of weeks . (my unit is due in next week):applaud:

Punch
02-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Hey Tom...Ryan let you borrow one? I told Frank that I wish I lived close enough to them to do the same thing....Frank recommended the MC352 with my 250Ti's. It is a great piece and is very versatile.

tjnif
02-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Hey Tom...Ryan let you borrow one? I told Frank that I wish I lived close enough to them to do the same thing....Frank recommended the MC352 with my 250Ti's. It is a great piece and is very versatile.

Yes he did, and the good thing is i will have it until he delivers the MEN unit as he will come to my house and help set it up......I don't think I will "let him' take back the 352.....!!

Mr. Widget
02-18-2010, 10:55 PM
...until he delivers the MEN unit as he will come to my house and help set it up.....That is good. With any of the DSP "room correction" devices, mic placement(s) is key. It is a very good idea to have someone experienced with the device come by and set it up. Each device use their own proprietary algorithms and knowing how to get the best results from them is so important.

Let us know how it turns out.

Widget

scott fitlin
02-18-2010, 11:38 PM
I dig the Tubes on mid/hi, and SS on the LF!

Should be a KILLER combination with stellar sonics!

:thmbsup:

hjames
02-19-2010, 03:40 AM
I dig the Tubes on mid/hi, and SS on the LF!

Should be a KILLER combination with stellar sonics!

:thmbsup:

I dig the Tubes on "Don't Touch me There"!

That Phil Spector sound parody never gets old!

subwoof
02-19-2010, 11:43 PM
AMNESIA!!! all time greatest fee wabill vocal tune..:)

bigyank
02-20-2010, 01:27 PM
HOLY Crap! I'm not sure were to post this but I mentioned I'm a new comer here and was using my 4345's w/ 2 Mcintosh MC2000's bridged (270w of tube power) and was not really impressed w/ the performance. I borrowed a Mac Solid state MC 352 (from AudioClassics) and with 350w per channel these speakers ROCKED!!! I cannot wait to incorporate tthe MEN220 room correction/ crossover and Bi-amp these! the 352 will handle the woof's and the 2 MC2000's the mid/hi's . I will let you know my findings and provide pics in a couple of weeks . (my unit is due in next week):applaud:

Hopefully you can post some pics for the rest of us! I have ordered from Audioclassics before but wan't aware of their try then buy program. Very nice thing indeed.....

Yank