PDA

View Full Version : 4311 in house - info help request

marijan
02-14-2010, 03:08 AM
Hello,
it`s been a while since I finished restoriation of friends 4341`s and I haven`t been here, on this sites since than.

I gave up hopes that a friend will let go those 4341`s in time and I will be able to get them so I stoped thinking about about JBL`s.
But few days ago I traded an old Hafler combo (DH200 - DH101) for a pair of perfectly preserved 4311 (WX - walnut version).
I went through the forums here on Heretage, read most about it, but still, I`m not shure about the drivers.

Here is few photos of the speakers and bass and mid drivers, 2212 and LE5-2.
Are these powered by alnico magnets? I found the answers on forums slightly inconclusive for my understanding, but it can be a language only.
Can somebody tell me if I understud correctly, that those where actualy equiped fith alnico magnets, and are these an early version of 4311`s.

Thanks!

Marijan Radaljac

Mr. Widget
02-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Are these powered by alnico magnets? I found the answers on forums slightly inconclusive for my understanding, but it can be a language only.
Can somebody tell me if I understud correctly, that those where actualy equiped fith alnico magnets, and are these an early version of 4311`s.
Yes, they are alnico mags on the woofer and midrange.

Yes, they are the correct drivers.

Yes, these are the first generation of the 4311.

You have a very nice pair of original 4311s there. In the right setup, I am sure they will perform quite nicely.

Widget

marijan
02-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Thay realy do. I hooked them on a pair of Bedini Classic 100 monos. OK thay are not "tall" enough to reach 4341 in a big room, it would be an unfair comparation I know, but there is no sign of harsh or hard sound I read or heard about sometimes. Well balanced and extended on both spectrum ends, little dry in the middle for unaccustomed ear, but very fair music reproducer. I do like them.

Thanks Mr. Widget for your answers and confirmation. I only check mid and bass drivers, not a tweeter. Which one should be in, talking about original configuration, LE 25, 26...?

Thanks again.

Marijan Radaljac

Mr. Widget
02-14-2010, 01:40 PM
The tweeter appears stock as well. I don't think these speakers have been bastardized.

Widget

SMKSoundPro
02-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Tweeter = LE25

I have four 4311 here in the bar. Your's look very good! Congratulations!

Scotty.

marijan
02-15-2010, 01:04 AM
Thank you for your help gentelman.

Marijan Radaljac