PDA

View Full Version : How many JBL's are in the picture?

jbl_daddy
02-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Paragon Paragon....:(

macaroonie
02-07-2010, 06:03 PM
B480

BMWCCA
02-07-2010, 06:04 PM
I suppose the correct answer is "two".

Or is the pool table JBL, too?

How sad! :banghead:

jbl_daddy
02-07-2010, 07:37 PM
It is sad, I give my dad a hard time everytime I am in that part of their house. He had the system tri-amped with three Crown PSA2's, about twenty years ago he started purchasing electrostatic speakers and moved this into deep storage. He says some day it will play again. It might look bad but there is not a scratch on it, I was very little when he purchased it new.

Loren42
02-07-2010, 07:55 PM
It's almost four o'cock somewhere...

:cheers:

BMWCCA
02-07-2010, 07:58 PM
It might look bad but there is not a scratch on it, I was very little when he purchased it new.I feel better now knowing it has an actual caring owner and an heir apparent. I figured them for cast-off orphans. :applaud:

Allanvh5150
02-07-2010, 08:23 PM
I find it hard to believe that some people have rooms in their houses that look like this......:blink:

BMWCCA
02-07-2010, 08:36 PM
I find it hard to believe that some people have rooms in their houses that look like this......:blink:

You don't have wall clocks in New Zealand?

;)

Allanvh5150
02-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Some do, I think mine is in a box in the garage. Damn ticking drives me nuts.

Maron Horonzakz
02-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Anybody who would do that to a PARAGON,,should be horsewhipped,,salt rubbed into there wounds and left in the sun to die.

demon
02-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Anybody who would do that to a PARAGON,,should be horsewhipped,,salt rubbed into there wounds and left in the sun to die.

:baby:

and even if its a PARAGON, it still is just a THING and treating it like a thing doesnt justify a post like that.
maybe thats really youre opinion, or you rather just want to provoke, BUT i cant stand language like that and i oppose it and i think a post like that should be deleted because its repulsive and offensive to human dignity.
short: BEEP yourself, before posting such :bs:

mikey

cosmos
02-08-2010, 11:53 AM

That is what separates you from mankind. You're statement is uncalled for and rude. Giving you a wide berth and benefit, perhaps you meant it as a joke.. if so, it isn't funny. While I might have a hard time seeing a Paragon in such a state, it is as Demon says, just a thing.

hjames
02-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Just another reason to dump you from the forum ...
Even if you are some kinda cowboy, you aren't John Wayne,
its not the 50s, and its just not funny in civilized states ...

jbl_daddy
02-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Well, he still likes JBL speakers. His home theater consists of five L100's and a pair of B380's, he loves the attack to the JBL's. I was going to go over there about six months ago pull it out and set the system up in my family room at my house and my wife found out... That is the same reason there is now a pair of 250ti's in the grest room instead of my 4340's. BUT I AM STILL WORKING ON HER. It is cheeper to live with her than the Paragon.

Maron Horonzakz
02-09-2010, 07:02 AM
Its wusses like you that stood back while 10 million died,,,The Germans thought they were only things....The Art MAN made where also destroyed..

mikebake
02-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Looks like the PC police are out to put you in your place. Apparently they've decided you are rude, repulsive, unfunny (one of the cruelest cuts) and uncivilized. I say let 'em pound sand. Some people live to find offense.

JeffW
02-09-2010, 08:00 AM
At least there were no dirty socks on the floor.

Maron Horonzakz
02-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Yes I am rude, repulsive and unfunny,,,I lived through worse,, But to destroy art or mankind is the lowest form of cretinism,,, I have the lowest disrespect for anyone doing that,,,I saw the Rembrant painting "Night Watch" slashed (12 times),,If a person did that to a painting ,,just a "THING",,What do you think they would do to you

hjames
02-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Its wusses like you that stood back while 10 million died,,,
The Germans thought they were only things....
The Art MAN made were also destroyed..

You've GOT to be kidding me!
Its not about the Nazis or the holocaust -
its just somebody's pile of stuff in his own house,
its theirs, not yours, so give it a rest!

Pound sand all you like but its hardly close to the same thing ...
and all your dramatics and histrionics won't change that.

Its just a dusty old speaker, one of many that were made,
its NOT the Night Watch being slashed ...

Insulting me is just a cheap shot,
but it still doesn't change your over-the-top rant over someone else's speaker ...
Get over yourself!

Maron Horonzakz
02-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Look in the mirror honey,,,The beauty will out,,, That thing was still a work of art,

JoMoCo
02-09-2010, 08:20 AM
How about moving this to "Off Topic"........:hmm:

Maron Horonzakz
02-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Hijames has allways been off topic,,, I think she loves me... But putting that aside,,That Paragon is still a good work of art,, and can still stand alone in good design,,

cosmos
02-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Looks like the PC police are out to put you in your place. Apparently they've decided you are rude, repulsive, unfunny (one of the cruelest cuts) and uncivilized. I say let 'em pound sand. Some people live to find offense.

Personally, I don't think it's about being PC police at all. I think it's about being offensive toward another forum member regarding his father. I can tell you if it were about my father, GRHS, I'd take offense at the statement made regardless of his actions. Without knowing you, I believe you might as well if it were about you and your father.

Some people live to make offensive remarks.

Ok, now I am off to pound some more sand... if I can find some.

Maron Horonzakz
02-09-2010, 08:38 AM
If your that thin skinned ill mail you a box full...Its about taking care of your "THINGS" nothing else.

cosmos
02-09-2010, 09:07 AM
If your that thin skinned ill mail you a box full...Its about taking care of your "THINGS" nothing else.

If I were thin skinned, I wouldn't have made the first, second or now, third post. I can take some heat, but thank you for your concern anyway.

Some people view things as possessions and possessions are disposable. I don't view a Paragon as something worth dieing for or over. In the end, we're just renting what we have, as in some form or another it will outlast us.

Frankly, I pity you Maron. You seem like a terribly sad and angry old man. If you are a young man, I pity you even more... For your sake and your sake alone, I hope you can find peace someday before you die.

I am out.

Maron Horonzakz
02-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Well goody for you... Dont choke on that pity,,,Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,,, We all die,,look both ways before crossing the street... But to me the Paragon is still a good design

Mr. Widget
02-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Cheeze and crackers you guys!

None of this personal attacking is called for. Condemning people for the way they live, the way they store unneeded things, the way they think... all the while I was concerned about the state of the felt on the pool table. :banghead:

Widget

mikebake
02-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Its just a dusty old speaker, one of many that were made,
its NOT the Night Watch being slashed ...

I prefer the speaker.

mikebake
02-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Personally, I don't think it's about being PC police at all. I think it's about being offensive toward another forum member regarding his father. I can tell you if it were about my father, GRHS, I'd take offense at the statement made regardless of his actions. Without knowing you, I believe you might as well if it were about you and your father.

It is about PC; nothing of the sort would remotely offend me or my dad, and I don't give other people the power to offend me if I don't want. Why would I give someone else that power? Really.

John
02-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Look at Les Pauls storage room it looked about the same and no one mentioned anything about it.:applaud:

Just because it is not all wraped up in foam sheets and a crate does not mean it is being abused. Looks like it is about 10 minites away from being back in service to me. Take care of your stuff and let others take care of there stuff the way they see fit.:blah:

louped garouv
02-10-2010, 04:10 PM
I think she loves me... But putting that aside...

http://rlv.zcache.com/untitled_boys_are_stupid_throw_rocks_at_them_stick er-p217380351537961051qjcl_400.jpg

CountD
02-10-2010, 05:18 PM
I think it's a great photo. Sometime hopefully soon it will be back up and sound will be coming out of it again. At least this thing still exists, and not the worst photo of a Paragon I have ever seen. At least it's indoors...

Maron Horonzakz
02-11-2010, 07:57 AM
I,m sure that paragon will sing again,,,Want to see my rock collection??

LE15-Thumper
02-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Look at Les Pauls storage room it looked about the same and no one mentioned anything about it.:applaud:

Just because it is not all wraped up in foam sheets and a crate does not mean it is being abused. Looks like it is about 10 minites away from being back in service to me. Take care of your stuff and let others take care of there stuff the way they see fit.:blah:

Here here !

mech986
02-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Judging from the picture, deep storage, even in a relatively accessible room in the house, is the correct term.

These observations suggest reasonable care:

The paragons are placed fronts against the wall, protecting the veneers except where they face upwards.

The curved reflector is facing the corner so at least half of the front is protected.

The "relatively" small amount of misc. stuff on top and around the Paragon segments is lightweight and easily moved. :bouncy:

The B480 appears to have been moved right in and left to sit as well. Note it has nothing on it at all except a good coat of dust as does the pool table.

The whole room does not have "that" much in it. I've got a closet that has more stuff in it. I've got a room that has 20x more stuff in it. I've got 2 garages that have 100x more stuff in them, including multiple JBL systems, some stacked on top of each other.

I agree with other posters in that while a little untidy, it would take any of us about 20 minutes (or less) to clear the room. It would take about 20 minutes to vacuum or clean off the dust. It would take another 30 minutes to essentially reposition the Paragon correctly and check out the components. It would take about 5 minutes to do the B480.

Once that's done, 3 furniture dollys will move them wherever they're needed.

Let's be happy that these JBL products have been kept in reasonably controlled temp/humidity storage, nothing untoward has been done to them, and they are still here in the US to be enjoyed, and then passed on to a son who appreciates them.

Could that be said of many past JBL speakers that we couldn't find or rescue? :dont-know

OP, I'd just recommend that if given a chance, a little tidying up will prevent any accidents, a casual inspection to confirm condition and no pests/vermin (unlikely), and maybe a few coats of your favorite wood treatment to keep the veneers fed.

OTOH, if you sell or move out the pool table, you could just set up the whole system in that room and get it playing again....:applaud:

Perhaps some more pictures with a digital camera after a little cleanup?

Good Luck!

mech986
02-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Oh, BTW, although we might like to find it this way, NEVER let this become a Craiglist ad photo. I think we'd just about have a stroke! Instructions about these speakers should be in your wills.