PDA

View Full Version : 2420 - lost cover back ...

Richard Long
01-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Hi,

i got 2 pairs of 2420 on ebay and one piece comes without the cover back :banghead: what can i do with this driver :blink: is it only crap now :(

cosmos
01-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Hi,

i got 2 pairs of 2420 on ebay and one piece comes without the cover back :banghead: what can i do with this driver :blink: is it only crap now :(

If you find a source, please let me know.. I have 4 drivers without rear covers...

Flaesh
01-25-2010, 07:29 AM
.. I have 4 drivers without rear covers...
what drivers? m.b. I'll bye a pair? ;)

Richard Long
01-25-2010, 09:45 AM
If you find a source, please let me know.. I have 4 drivers without rear covers...

That was a worse deal :D i hope you got them for cheap

Mr. Widget
01-25-2010, 10:35 AM
If you find a source, please let me know.. I have 4 drivers without rear covers...I remember years ago while putting in new diaphragms into a pair of blown LE85s I thought they sounded better as dome tweeters than they did with the horns attached. ;)

If you can't find any proper JBL backs, I have worked with a foundry that could cast new ones for you... I would expect them to cost around $75 to $100 each though. They would be less expensive if you needed a bunch of them, but for four or five they do end up being pretty costly.

Widget

herki the cat
01-25-2010, 11:50 AM
I remember years ago while putting in new diaphragms into a pair of blown LE85s I thought they sounded better as dome tweeters than they did with the horns attached. ;)

If you can't find any proper JBL backs, I have worked with a foundry that could cast new ones for you... I would expect them to cost around $75 to $100 each though. They would be less expensive if you needed a bunch of them, but for four or five they do end up being pretty costly.
Widget

Steve Schell had 4 or 5 rusty 2420's a while back, check it out .

cheers, herky the cat