PDA

View Full Version : BMWCCA is ???

Titanium Dome
01-23-2010, 06:28 AM
Happy birthday, BMWCCA. Have a good one!

:birthday:

opimax
01-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Happy Birthday Phil. Hope you are doing something YOU want to do, enjoy your day.:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Mark

Krunchy
01-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Happy Birthday Phil!!!:applaud:
Hope you have a great day surrounded by family, friends & lots of music.
:birthday: :banana: :dancin: :dj-party:
:useless: :homer: :D

Fred Sanford
01-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Happy birthday, Phil- shall I wrap up some 6-CD magazines for your BMW car stereo for you? :applaud:

je

hjames
01-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Happy happy happy Bday Phil!
You don't look a day past ... uh ... 40?:applaud:

Nonetheless, hope you enjoy yourself today!

JBL 4645
01-23-2010, 02:52 PM
:birthday: BWMCCA

Titanium Dome
01-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Phil rhymes with hill. :hmm:

Maybe that's why his age is a mystery?

Krunchy
01-23-2010, 06:13 PM
:D :rotfl: :applaud: Where is Phil? He must be having a good time! :)

BMWCCA
01-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Sorry, my fellow forum-ites, for the delayed reply...I spent my birthday at work.

Not all bad since at least I now have a job after six-months without one. The six-months of "go-away-and-don't-bother-us" payoff from my last employer ended in December so I figured I'd better get serious. At my age (57 today, for those who want to know that detail—with two college tuitions to pay for and one child still in high-school) you assess your CV and see if anyone can still use the skill set. For me that means I'm back in the car biz, now working for one of the largest dealer groups in the country, a Fortune 500 company with 106 franchises, over 80 locations, and more than 8,000 employees. It's a different world than the one I left fifteen-years ago. So LH discounts for anyone who needs a BMW! Line forms to my right. :)

Looks like the 4345s I bought for my birthday last year may yet survive the financial crisis. ;) I'm actually very glad I bought them when I could afford them 'cause that kind of expense wouldn't be on my radar right now. Can't put a price on happiness but if you can't afford the necessities of life, a couple of pairs of JBLs might have been the first to go. Or a couple of BMWs. Glad I don't have to make that choice.

Thanks for all your best wishes. You're a great bunch. I hope to see some of you at Coney Island later this year.

Robh3606
01-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Glad you are working.

Happy Birthday

Rob:birthday:

cosmos
01-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Happy Birthday! :applaud:

Hope it was good for you.

BMWCCA
01-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Just got home, so thanks! It was actually very nice. I helped with sound for a Haiti earthquake benefit with some very good local bands tonight. My friend donated his big rig, some college kids offered to help with the loading and unloading, and with donation for admission, purchases of donated food and beverages, the event raised close to $15,000 all of which will go directly to Partners in Health whose team is bringing medical assistance and supplies to areas that have been hit the hardest. This kind of event makes me very proud of our excellent local music scene: http://www.cvillianrelief.org/

Punch
01-24-2010, 05:54 AM
Sorry I am late to the party as well.....HBD Phil! It sounds like it was a good one. You gave back on you birthday with a kind and unselfish act.

demon
01-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Just got home, so thanks! It was actually very nice.

sounds like a worthy spent birhtday to me :applaud:
im late, but i hope you have a good 58th and that you can enjoy your job, cars and SOUND!

see you,
mikey

BMWCCA
01-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Only 43 more years to 100 for me!

That sounds awful.
Looks like 50 is the hill, and it sure seems faster going down than heading up!
No sense wasting any more time thinking about it though. :banghead:

midlife
01-25-2010, 11:01 AM
[quote=BMWCCA;276697]Only 43 more years to 100 for me!

Thats the way I look at it, just did 55 two days after xmas, 45 to go for the century mark. Happy bday to you, and many more

hjames
01-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Only 43 more years to 100 for me!

That sounds awful.
Looks like 50 is the hill, and it sure seems faster going down than heading up!

yeah, but c'mon - I heard you sing the praises of your wife and your daughters -
sounded to me like the years so far have been pretty cool for you!

.. even if you are a car sales shark again :applaud:

Doc Mark
01-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Evening, Phil,

Sweet Bride and I would like to add our birthday wishes, too, Sir!! May you enjoy many, many more wonderful years on this Mortal Coil!! :applaud::applaud: Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc and Sweet Bride

BMWCCA
01-25-2010, 07:47 PM
yeah, but c'mon - I heard you sing the praises of your wife and your daughters -
sounded to me like the years so far have been pretty cool for you!I know! And that's why I don't want the next 57 to go by as fast as they are now. One daughter is a college grad working in Manhattan, another is in school in NY, with another still in high-school.

Like puppies—why can't they stay little forever??

hjames
01-25-2010, 07:53 PM
I know! And that's why I don't want the next 57 to go by as fast as they are now. One daughter is a college grad working in Manhattan, another is in school in NY, with another still in high-school.

Like puppies—why can't they stay little forever??

Heinlein used to talk about the bung hole theory of raising kids ...
put 'em in a barrel when they're young.
For the first 12 years feed them through the bung hole.
At age 12, hammer in the bung ...
but then again, he was a cynical SOB ...

BMWCCA
01-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Heinlein used to talk about the bung hole theory of raising kids ... he was a cynical SOB ...He was also obsessed with the possibility of preserving elderly addled brains of the wealthy transplanted into younger donor bodies (Lazarus Long). Though he was correct in his prescience about plenty of other modern creations, from credit cards to cell phones. I enjoyed his books for many years.

opimax
01-27-2010, 03:47 PM
I have read almost all of his books, now to remembering them is a whole new thing for me these days.

I hate both my vehicles Phil , lets talk!
What can I do to seal the deal TODAY? Picturing you with a big nasty smile and your hand reaching out accross the desk to shake mine and my trade in car keys hidden in your managers pocket. :applaud:

Can I get that 335d for cost less 10gs, we're friends, come on now...

Good that you are working !!!

Mark

lansingfan
01-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Phil rhymes with hill. :hmm:

Maybe that's why his age is a mystery?

Just like that BMW 2002, he's classic. HBD!