PDA

View Full Version : Frequency power wattage voltage bandwidth

JBL 4645
01-21-2010, 10:54 PM
What is the bandwidth of 1KHz at 1 watt/voltage wide or narrow? And so on up and down the spectrum of each frequency.

Umm sorry about the strange riddle title I couldn’t think of anything better? No I haven’t been smoke crack cocaine.:D

Allanvh5150
01-21-2010, 11:54 PM
The bandwidth of a pure tone is ultra narrow. It cant be anything but.

timc
01-22-2010, 01:29 AM
And the power does not affect the bandwith.

-Tim

Allanvh5150
01-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Or are you talking about a bandwidth of 1Khz? For example, a midrange speaker crosses over at 800Hz and runs up to 8Khz before the tweeter. It could be considered to have a bandwidth of 7.2Khz......making sense?

Allan.

JBL 4645
01-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Or are you talking about a bandwidth of 1Khz? For example, a midrange speaker crosses over at 800Hz and runs up to 8Khz before the tweeter. It could be considered to have a bandwidth of 7.2Khz......making sense?

Allan.

The bandwidth of a pure tone is ultra narrow. It cant be anything but.

Nope just the general frequency itself so its (narrow) right, okay, that’s good enough answer.

I thought each frequency band was wide then going narrow in wavelength of sort?
So (narrow) it is.

And the power does not affect the bandwith.

-Tim

It just gets louder in SPL db but doesn’t change shape of the bandwidth frequency, correct?

If I dropped in filter centred right on the frequency and made it narrow (ultra narrow for that frequency) and reduced it by 15db it would only should only affect just that specific frequency.

Widen the (Q shape of the filter bandwidth) and then it starts to affect neighbouring frequencies beside it thus reducing them by few db up or down.

cheers:)

Allanvh5150
01-22-2010, 01:35 PM
You are onto it Ash. Hi Q = narrow bandwith, Low Q = wide bandwidth. "Hi Q" is something that Jean Luc Picard does not enjoy saying on a daily basis though!

Allan.

JBL 4645
01-22-2010, 02:03 PM
You are onto it Ash. Hi Q = narrow bandwith, Low Q = wide bandwidth. "Hi Q" is something that Jean Luc Picard does not enjoy saying on a daily basis though!

Allan.

Yeah I’m sure he doesn’t.

http://scifijunkie.com/startrek/tng/images/encounter2.jpg
"Encounter at far point" season 1

I’m try something out with the spectrumlab and pink noise with the Q in real-time and see what mess I can create.