PDA

View Full Version : LE14H-3 Recone Kit

Slare
01-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Does anyone here have experience reconing a LE14H-3 driver, or can advise about the availability of recone kits?

Any forum members can advise about a good place to buy the kit or have the reconing done around Detroit? General re-foaming, for that matter, too (L7's will need it sooner or later).

I am very close to diving into long term ownership of several of them, and am thinking it may be a good idea to secure a kit or two so I have it.

You guys are infecting me with spare parts paranoia.

Robh3606
01-20-2010, 08:13 AM
There are not any. It's a replace the driver only option and the drivers are NLA. At least for now. I have a pair myself, wish that was an option.

Rob:)

Titanium Dome
01-20-2010, 10:13 AM
On the L Series, it's also a replace-the-driver-only situation on the 704G, 706G, and 708G. No refoams, no recones, maybe a few NIB drivers, and lots of used. The LE120H-1 can be refoamed; I'm not sure if recone kits are still available.

New 035TiA dias are still around.

Slare
01-20-2010, 11:48 AM
One shop got back to me and said that the recone kit is C8RLE14H-3, and it is shown as available from JBL. Are they wrong?

I think this is no longer a concern for me, but it may be useful information for others... I have one LE14H-3 that I think is in need of a re-cone. I doubt it will be worth the cost to me. I may just use that giant magnet as a bolt catcher in the shop.

Also on the L7's, the foam I was referring to was on the LE120's. I have spares for the top end drivers :D.

Titanium Dome
01-20-2010, 06:21 PM
One shop got back to me and said that the recone kit is C8RLE14H-3, and it is shown as available from JBL. Are they wrong?

Also on the L7's, the foam I was referring to was on the LE120's. I have spares for the top end drivers :D.

They're not wrong if they can get it for you. ;) When I needed a new diaphragm for an 095Ti, they supposedly didn't exist anymore, but a shop in FL found one somewhere in Harman and got it for me at the regular list price. Wow! thank you very much.

tarior
01-23-2010, 08:21 PM
There are plenty of parts available in the aftermarket for that (and most other JBL) driver(s). A typical kit will contain the exact same Hawley or RDM cone, spider and dustcap and a custom edgewound coil. 95% as good as original, which falls well within the 10% production tolerance.:D Unfortunately they don't come preassembled like the originals, so it's not a diy proposition.
As far as I'm concerned, there is virtually no such thing as an irrepairable JBL woofer. Heck, there are even aftermarket 033 and 044 diaphrams out now. I haven't used any of them, but I bet they sound a whole lot better than a tweeter that doesn't work.

SomeDude
04-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Hello,
It is indeed C8RLE14H-3. They are in stock. You should be able to purchase them strait from JBL (800) 336-4525.

sguttag
06-20-2018, 05:57 AM
Note, I just recently placed an order for C8RLE14-3 kits. JBL took the order with a 2-month lead time. A week later, they cancelled the order and took the kits off of the available list. So the LE14H-3 kits should be considered, officially, no longer available from JBL. LE14H-4 kits still show as available though (but sometimes you don't know until you order).