PDA

View Full Version : 1400 Array re-assembly issues?

tom1040
01-14-2010, 02:03 PM
If someone is selling and shipping a pair of these after using them for a while, are there any inherit problems of re-assembly after the horns have been disconnected:blink:

Thanks

Titanium Dome
01-14-2010, 02:46 PM
The sticking point is the JBL-logoed cover that goes over the assembly mounting point. The original will likely be ruined or at least less than perfect after it's removed the first time. You' have to source replacements if you wanted perfect covers.

tom1040
01-14-2010, 02:52 PM
I looked on JBL site. No parts available for this speaker. Where would one look for such a thing?

andywin
01-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Assembly is best done by two people
Make sure the seller ships the JBL socket screwdriver with the speakers
You ideally need you friend to support the horn whilst you attach the speaker wire connector. It's easy to attach but awkward to get apart again
Whilst your friend is still supporting thr horn, locate and partially tighten the two front socket headed bolts. These are a bit tricky to get the correct alignment on
Next locate the rear fixing bolt. This is also a bit tricky as if you don't get it right there is a powerful magnet close by
Then tighten up front bolts fully followed by rear bolt. There should also be a rubber bung that covers the hole.
Lastly affix the JBL logo. Mine had never been attached previously and rather than attach them with the OEM peel off sticky backing I glued on two rubber "plugs" that locate into the front socket holes. This makes the logo easy to remove for disassembly of the horns

One further thought. The female sockets of the speaker wire connector can open up a little if the speakers have been assembled / unassembled a few times. A poor connection can occur resulting in loss of signal.

If you intend to use the floor protectors, then locating the spikes into them when positioning the bass units is also best done by two people as these units are heavy.

tom1040
01-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Thanks. Very helpful here.:)