PDA

View Full Version : Correct Recone Kit for 130A .. OR?

Squarewave
01-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Hi,
I searched posts and threads for answers to these questions but could not find much. Questions questions questions....

Does JBL still make 130A recone kits? I kept searching forums after posting. Found post stating "use kit 2220 ONLY".

If yes, are these kits built to original 50's specs?

Is there a kit that would improve my 130 A's original sonic performance?

What's a JBL shop recone run nowadays?

I won't ask if there's any bad JBL authorized service centers on or near the West Coast, but can I ask if anyone can refer me to a good one?

Many thanks,

Dan

BJL
01-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Transducer Parts List.pdf (http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Transducers%20Parts%20List/Transducer%20Parts%20List.pdf)
Looks like they're still available $232

No personal experience, but I do believe forum member edgewound can be referred as a good one

spkrman57
01-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Many on the forum have used him with great results!

Regards, Ron

Sam Cogley
01-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Hi,
I searched posts and threads for answers to these questions but could not find much. Questions questions questions....

Does JBL still make 130A recone kits? I kept searching forums after posting. Found post stating "use kit 2220 ONLY".

If yes, are these kits built to original 50's specs?

Is there a kit that would improve my 130 A's original sonic performance?

What's a JBL shop recone run nowadays?

I won't ask if there's any bad JBL authorized service centers on or near the West Coast, but can I ask if anyone can refer me to a good one?

Many thanks,

Dan

I've seen aftermarket kits available for the D130 that purport to be identical to the originals, they seem to be about $170 each.

What's wrong with the cone? I had great success patching one that had been torn halfway around.