PDA

View Full Version : How to connect Atlec Lansing speakers

jonemere
01-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Hi,
I have an Altec Lansing V3251 5.1 speakers which I want to connect it to my Sony Bravia TV.Does anyone know a way to do it?Any suggestion are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

hjames
01-10-2010, 03:34 AM
Hi,
I have an Altec Lansing V3251 5.1 speakers which I want to connect it to my Sony Bravia TV.Does anyone know a way to do it?Any suggestion are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I don't recognize the model - Altec Lansing V3251 5.1 speakers -
those are the newer Altec speakers, right?
What kind of connections do they have on the back?

Generally, you get a home theatre receiver or processor to run the speakers.

What kind of sources do you use with the TV - Cable, over the Air, Satellite, DVD?
Usually, that stuff goes through a home theatre receiver which does all the switching, processing and such.
Then the video goes to the TV and the audio goes to the speakers.

Mr. Widget
01-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Don't recognize the model - Altec Lansing V3251 5.1 speakers -Are they self powered?

Also, saying Sony Bravia is like saying GM car... all current Sony panel TVs are called Bravia. Certain models might have speaker level outs... I am not familiar with all of them. However if the set doesn't have speaker level outputs or multi channel line level outs for powered speakers, you need a receiver or processor and amp for non powered speakers or a receiver with line level outs or a processor alone for powered speakers.

There are so many ways to set a system up incorrectly, if you are asking this question, I suggest you get help from your dealer. Or if you bought this gear on line hire someone locally to help you get it right. 90% of the people who aren't uber gearhead nerds that sweat the various HDMI protocols, have systems that are invariably set up incorrectly. Ideally you know how to set the output of your sources to best work with the processor(s) down stream. Virtually every video source, processor, and display can take in a variety of digital signals at different compression rates and resolutions and output them in a variety of compression rates and resolutions. To properly set up a modern video system requires knowledge of all of the components up stream and down and going into each menu and selecting the optimum settings for that system.

Widget

hjames
01-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi,
Thanks.

Are these some kind of computer speakers?

BMWCCA
01-10-2010, 08:29 PM
http://www.windowsbbs.com/hardware/79903-connecting-altec-lansing-v3251-sony-bravia.html

tarior
01-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Wasting other people's time in several places at once. Ahhh....the power of the internet!