PDA

View Full Version : Blue And Black Grille Cloth

saeman
01-08-2010, 01:43 PM
I originally made notice for this cloth in the General Information section but it should be in DIY. Too late to move it now.

Both colors are cut, boxed and ready to ship. I have already filled a few of the early orders and they are on their way.

To cover the needs of most users I have pre-cut the cloth into 2 yard, 3 yard and 5 yard pieces. I can also cut larger single pieces as the need arrises.

Price is $15/yard plus the cost of shipping via USPS Priority Mail.

Rick

Fred Sanford
01-08-2010, 02:38 PM
I originally made notice for this cloth in the General Information section but it should be in DIY. Too late to move it now.

Both colors are cut, boxed and ready to ship. I have already filled a few of the early orders and they are on their way.

To cover the needs of most users I have pre-cut the cloth into 2 yard, 3 yard and 5 yard pieces. I can also cut larger single pieces as the need arrises.

Rick

I'll be in touch for 2 yards of black, and maybe 2 more yards of blue...just letting the dust settle in my PayPal account from the holiday dealings...

Thanks,

je

saeman
03-31-2010, 12:26 PM
I've received a number of inquiries asking if I still have grille cloth available. I'm thinking this thread is buried too deep for some to find it so this post will move it back on top for a while.

Yes - plenty of cloth available. I recently filled a few orders but the supply will not dwindle any time soon. In the future I might eBay some of the Black as there's more than enough for me and all of the forum member's needs, however I will keep enough Blue and Black to cover reasonable demand.

Thanx - Rick

macaroonie
03-31-2010, 05:05 PM
Good work Rick :applaud:

Mods this should be a sticky , c'mon its not really a commercial activity rather a community minded service. Perhaps we need a new name for this material so that the web crawlers can find it.

maurizio61
04-27-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm in need of new grill cloth (blue it's OK) for my JBL L300 speakers.
Where I can buy them?

Maurizio:):):)

JBLRaiser
04-30-2010, 05:11 AM
I'm in need of new grill cloth (blue it's OK) for my JBL L300 speakers.
Where I can buy them?

Maurizio:):):)

Rick will take care of you.

MacMan
08-17-2010, 03:42 AM
Hello Mr. Saeman--I'm MacMan--new to the site. I just snagged a pair of pretty nice L36's and want to replace the old brown grill cloth with the dark blue. It appears that you are the one to contact about this. Any idea how much I need and the cost? Thanks!

leo_66
08-20-2010, 03:10 AM
Hi Mr. Saeman, I'm in need of a pair of blue grill clothes for my JBL 4345's; how can I buy them ? I'll be grateful if you could give me your quote and what is shipping rate to ITALY by USPS priority mail; Payment through Paypal.

Thanks

Leonardo

leo_66
08-21-2010, 03:58 AM

Hi Fangio, I'm writing from PALO DEL COLLE in the BARI district, south of Italy.

The 4345's are a new pair of clones I decided to build two years ago! Long time and great patience to find transducers, drivers, horns, acoustic lenses and building plans! This site has been of great and invaluable help for me to find all the information to pursue the challenging task of 4345 building!

THANKS for all the peoples in this forum who share all these useful informations!!

In the last six months, during my spare time, I completed the boxes building, veneering and front panel painting.
Now I'm completing the front grill, so I'm in need of blue cloth as I requested; the next step will be soon the Xover buiding, the GISKARDS no-tapped inductors version.

For your curiosity (European and not....) I attach some photos: sorry for their non-professional quality.

Best regards

Leonardo

leo_66
08-21-2010, 04:05 AM

Fangio
08-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Mighty fine work. :)

Those deserve an own thread. Maybe the moderators could help & do something here.

Curious about what you're going to drive them with?

Cosmo
01-20-2011, 11:48 AM

Rick

Rick are you still out there anywhere ???

2 PM's sent with No Reply, going on months now. I need a few yards of Black if available Thanks !

saeman
01-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Yes - I'm still alive. I hope all will accept my apologies for being out of the loop for so long. I have received several requests but have been unable to sit down and get every one taken care of - out of town, out of state, out of the country, holidays, a real job, etc. and I've not had the time needed to keep up with my JBL chores. Couple all of that with no cut and packaged cloth available to ship and maybe you'll understand my problem getting back to you guys.

Good news is that I have plenty of blue and black cloth available. I recently took 3 more rolls out of storage and spent a couple days cutting and packaging. I am now near ready to fill all requests. In the next couple of days I will reply to all received PM's.

Over the past months there appears to be a major problem with the inability of some members to find the posts related to this cloth. I constantly receive messages asking for price, available colors, Am I The Cloth Guy, etc. etc. I have made several announcements listing the details and it's hard and seemingly unnecessary to continue to answer the same questions over and over. We need to find a way to keep this info up front somewhere in the Forum, so it's easy to locate. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Once again - I have Blue and Black cloth available. THIS CLOTH IS IDENTICAL TO THE CLOTH PROVIDED BY JBL ON THE PRO SERIES MONITORS. IT WAS PURCHASED FROM THE SAME MILL USED BY JBL WITH THE SAME PART NUMBER.

I do not have the ability to cut from a roll on demand to fullfill orders. I lack the space to leave a roll sitting unused. I am therefore forced to cut an entire roll into saleable pieces, package them and return my office to it's intended use. For this reason I am forced to cut the cloth into sizes that are easy to mail and will satisfy the needs of most who order. I can accomodate large orders but these require taking a roll out of storage.

The cloth is cut into 2 yard, 3 yard and 5 yard pieces and is prepackaged into USPS Priority Mail Boxes. This is not the cheapest method to ship but I am able to get FREE uniform size boxes for shipping. Without this option I would never be able to find the necessary packing materials to pull this off.

THE COST IS $15/YARD PLUS SHIPPING.

I do not have the time to send out samples. This is asking too much. One would hope that all present here already know what this material is supposed to look like.

I am soon to firm up an order for Burgundy/Maroon and Camel - to JBL spec. I am in the process of approving the dye lot samples. This projects has been on hold for some months now due to lack of time. The Maroon was used on later Ti models and B460/B380 subs and everyone has seen plenty of JBL camel. I will let all interested persons know when I have it in hand.

I do not have brown and do not have any plans to order it.

Regards - Rick

Earl K
01-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Suggestions ???

- This thread should be made into a sticky that the rest of us can refer people to ( at least until you run out of cloth or decide to no longer sell ) .

<> cheers

Mr. Widget
01-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Suggestions ???

- This thread should be made into a sticky that the rest of us can refer people to ( at least until you run out of cloth or decide to no longer sell ) .

<> cheersHow about this: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?30261-JBL-Blue-and-Black-Grille-Cloth-(2011)

Widget

Earl K
01-20-2011, 02:05 PM
How about this: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?30261-JBL-Blue-and-Black-Grille-Cloth-(2011)

Widget

Ummmm, without your new creation being made into a sticky / how is that any better than Ricks' original announcement ? :dont-know:

Mr. Widget
01-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Ummmm, without your new creation being made into a sticky / how is that any better than Ricks' original announcement ? :dont-know:It is a sticky...

Widget

saeman
02-13-2011, 12:25 PM
UPDATE - All recent orders from within the U.S. have been shipped. All overseas orders will be shipped this coming Monday via USPS.

UPDATE - The remaining cloth supply is lower than I realized. I have approx. 36 yards of Blue available for sale and 82 yards of Black. Since I put this whole deal together to first take care of my own needs, I will be keeping a reasonable amount in reserve for my projects.

Anyone who has been procrastinating should speak up soon before I run out. I will not reorder until I have exhausted my personal supply - no way to predict when this will happen.

Maroon/Burgundy and Camel will be coming soon but no more Blue or Black for quite some time (unless someone wants to buy a real real real big piece).

Rick

Bern1
03-27-2011, 05:19 PM
easier: after reading your post I thought I should clarify that I want your 2 yard black cloth package, to be sent via usps Priority to the address in my previous message.

Thanks!

Bernie

Cal144
04-21-2011, 08:23 AM
I am interested in buying some of the black JBL grill cloth for a set of 4311 monitors. Cost with shipping?

Thanks,
Jack

Audiobeer
07-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Any word on the camel colored? Thanks!

takenodisk
07-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Hi Rick,need some blue,send you a pm.

weirdtastes
08-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Hello Rick,

I tried to send a PM a couple weeks ago but might not have managed to do so properly.

I am interested in purchasing some blue grill cloth.
I currently have three sets of JBL speakers which could use new cloth

L100's - grill frames pristine just foam is gone
4311B's - okay but could use better cloth to show off the nice cabs
and don't laugh
C40 Harkness cabs, all original but the cloth is sagging, thought I could spruce up the mid century look (and of course I'll save the originals)

I have never recovered grills before so am unsure how much fabric is need for these projects. I can sew, glue, and staple so it should be an adventure.

Thanks,
Steph

JeffW
08-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Try giving him a shout in This Thread (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?31462-5th-LHS-Germany-Meeting).

grd022000
02-03-2013, 09:27 PM
UPDATE - All recent orders from within the U.S. have been shipped. All overseas orders will be shipped this coming Monday via USPS.

UPDATE - The remaining cloth supply is lower than I realized. I have approx. 36 yards of Blue available for sale and 82 yards of Black. Since I put this whole deal together to first take care of my own needs, I will be keeping a reasonable amount in reserve for my projects.

Anyone who has been procrastinating should speak up soon before I run out. I will not reorder until I have exhausted my personal supply - no way to predict when this will happen.

Maroon/Burgundy and Camel will be coming soon but no more Blue or Black for quite some time (unless someone wants to buy a real real real big piece).

Rick

Do you have any Camel grill cloth available?

George

toothscoot
02-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Am a newbie looking for cloth for a pair of L300's I'm going through and want to make presentable enough to move out of the basement. Far too nice for the dungeon! Would be happy with most any original shade. Does anyone know of other sources? Have PM'd Saeman and not heard anything. Also, anyone know a source for JBL grill badges? A thousand thanks! Ken

richluvsound
02-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Hi there ,

http://jbl43.com

Just email Kenji for all your needs .

Rich

nibbe
04-02-2013, 02:04 AM
[QUOTE=saeman;284451]I've received a number of inquiries asking if I still have grille cloth available. I'm thinking this thread is buried too deep for some to find it so this post will move it back on top for a while.

Yes - plenty of cloth available. I recently filled a few orders but the supply will not dwindle any time soon. In the future I might eBay some of the Black as there's more than enough for me and all of the forum member's needs, however I will keep enough Blue and Black to cover reasonable demand.

Thanx - Rick[/QUO

Hello,
Do you still have some blue cloth?
Nibbe

bigyank
04-02-2013, 06:30 AM
He has been around here:
Last Activity
03-22-2013 06:19 PM

[QUOTE=saeman;284451]I've received a number of inquiries asking if I still have grille cloth available. I'm thinking this thread is buried too deep for some to find it so this post will move it back on top for a while.

Thanx - Rick[/QUO

Hello,
Do you still have some blue cloth?
Nibbe

nibbe
04-05-2013, 04:50 AM

Rick
I would like to buy black cloth for a pair of 4341.
Thanks
Nibbe

S.O.Stefansson
04-05-2013, 06:07 AM
Rick/saeman,

I'm interested in blue cloth, also for a pair of 4341, I have sent a personal message,

Sigurd

Rick

DonBocadillo
05-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Hi Saeman / Rick,

I PM'ed you too but just in case I'd like to order blue grill cloth for my 4435's

Many thanks!

Paul.

RobD8870
05-16-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm interested in getting some blue cloth...feel free to PM me.

hjames
05-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Odd - thought I posted here earlier - well - if you all are going for a group buy, let me know,
I can always use a few running yards of JBL Monitor Blue for various ongoing projects!

T.Rex
06-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Any chance of getting any Black or Brown?

Robbie4477
11-17-2013, 05:05 AM
Hello Those look Amazing and i am wanting to Do the same although i will have to have some one build them as i am not a capenter. So did you have a set of drawings you can pass on to me? or can you tell me where to find a set ? thank you Very Much Robert my email is [email protected]

Peter Kaae
11-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Hi,

-would like blue and/or black grille cloth.
Will you ship to Denmark?

Thanks,

Peter Kaae

hjames
11-17-2013, 05:32 PM
Guys - Its been 6 months since I posted asking for some cloth and I have gotten NO REPLIES!

Doesn't appear that anyone else here has gotten a reply for their request to buy grill cloth.

I honestly think that this source for cloth is too busy with other work and has closed ...

But Forum member svollmer has found another source -
please check THIS THREAD instead
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?35045

Rick's original post was from Feb 2011 - and he has NOT replied in the thread since then

Rick

svollmer
11-18-2013, 12:57 PM
Guys - Its been 6 months since I posted asking for some cloth and I have gotten NO REPLIES!

Doesn't appear that anyone else here has gotten a reply for their request to buy grill cloth.

I honestly think that this source for cloth is too busy with other work and has closed ...

But Forum member svollmer has found another source -
please check THIS THREAD instead
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?35045

Rick's original post was from Feb 2011 - and he has NOT replied in the thread since then

I'm going to at least order some of the way cool orange cloth. I'll report back as soon as I have it. I'm not sure what the original weave was like, but I'll try to post some close-up pictures.

gsb001
11-23-2013, 10:47 PM
I'm the seller on Ebay. I offer seven color choices shipped world wide and satisfaction guaranteed.

Please let me know if I can help in anyway.

Ebay listings: http://www.ebay.com/usr/huntley_classic_audio

Photos:
www.huntleyclassicaudio.com

Thanks
Steve Barnes
847-612-1889