PDA

View Full Version : Newbie on JBL Control 10s and SB-5

FourT2Infinity
01-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Hello! I stumbled onto this site while searching for info on my JBL Control 10s and SB-5. I’m the original owner these monitors and have had them for 20 years now. I recently resurrected them along with my same-vintage Yamaha control/power amps and am amazed at how fantastic they still sound and how well they’ve held up over the years. I am building my current AV set-up and unfortunately cannot incorporate the JBLs into this project due to very tight space constraints. My initial plan is that I keep them (along with my trusty Yammy gear) and hope to find the opportunity to use them in the near future for a 2-channel-only setup. However, if I decide to sell these speakers (including the SB-5 passive subwoofer), I’d like to be fair to myself and the buyer. I found tech info on the jblpro.com website – quite helpful. But how do I best assess the $ value of these pieces? I cannot find these for sale anywhere, so I have no point of reference for their current value. What’s the best way of doing this?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Rick

FourT2Infinity
01-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Wow, what a bit of searching will do. :banghead: Hahaha...
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27242

Any more input? Control SB-5?