PDA

View Full Version : 4645C + DSi 2000 in a normal house? 4648A-8 also.

kenratboy
12-26-2009, 09:56 PM
First, I have not posted in a long time, but glad to be back.

Second, I know this subwoofer is discussed a lot, and I have read a few posts talking about it (which answered many questions).

How would this subwoofer and amp combo perform in a smaller room? Lets say 9' ceilings, and maybe 15x20' (~3,000 cu. ft.) From what I have read, this sub needs a little bump in the EQ (and trimming/boosting depending on the room) - which the DSi amp does.

The other question I have, how would this compare to the 4648A-8 (I bought it from the Tent Sale years ago :D - it is currently being used as table at the end of my bed for blankets and cloths!) - how deep could this sub play once it was equalized (say I got a DSi-series amp)? Just looking at the spec sheet, not sure it will go that low - but used at maybe 10% of its limit, could I get into the 20's?

Thanks!

Ken

moparfan
05-26-2010, 03:50 AM
why not just use what you already have (4648) for the time being?

Jonas_h
05-31-2010, 12:43 AM
I'm curious about this sub too. My biggest concern is that it does not go very low.

The scene for example, in Transformers right before the fight in the desert where the robot flies over the soldiers in slowmotion... I want that really low bas which just shakes the room.

If someone in here has the JBL 4645c or S1S-EX, it could be nice if you could tell about the subs performance in this scene of the movie :)

And another question (Sorry if this is too off-topic for the thread-starter), does the Array1500 go deeper than the 4645c? On paper, the specs are almost the some.. But how do they compare in practice?

JBL 4645
06-01-2010, 01:09 AM
I'm curious about this sub too. My biggest concern is that it does not go very low.

The scene for example, in Transformers right before the fight in the desert where the robot flies over the soldiers in slowmotion... I want that really low bas which just shakes the room.

If someone in here has the JBL 4645c or S1S-EX, it could be nice if you could tell about the subs performance in this scene of the movie :)

And another question (Sorry if this is too off-topic for the thread-starter), does the Array1500 go deeper than the 4645c? On paper, the specs are almost the some.. But how do they compare in practice?

No problem at the Empire Leicester Square with x16 of these subs located beneath the stage centre channel. The pulse pounded me in the chest.:bouncy:

rlsound
06-03-2010, 09:57 AM
4648 is NOT a subwoofer.

It's the low frequency section for the 4675C speaker system and works well in the 40-50hz range.

If you want paint peeling, foundation cracking bass, 4645C with a BIG amp will do it.

Jonas_h
07-06-2010, 06:21 AM
Have anyone heard both subs and have an opinion in difference of sound quality? I mean punch, deep bass performance etc.