PDA

View Full Version : jbl lsr 6332

smmbear
12-01-2009, 09:45 PM
new here need help . i have a treated theater 500-800watts per channel subs are very capable LLT .i am running dynaudio speakers now they sound good for the most part but compression sets in early and they lack the spl i am looking for (dynamic)also only one sweet spot dead center no off axis at all .i listen to alot of music not just movies . i have tried a set of high spl pro speakers . not bad but a bit foward and bright and lack mid seperation and clarity . female test vocal the singer sings a back ground vocal on the dyns there is 2 singers very clear on 2 seperate stages . the pro stuff just ran it all together pretty bad . the pro was very capable and dynamic but not very detailed . i came across these and they seem like the deal of the century . can some one tell me more ? links to reviews anyone else using these . help.

BMWCCA
12-01-2009, 10:03 PM
new here need help . Seems like you've found the space key but that elusive shift key is so important they put two of them on your keyboard. :banghead:

timc
12-02-2009, 04:25 AM
Please tell us what amplifier and speakers you are currently using.

-Tim

smmbear
12-02-2009, 12:32 PM
well not my fault the mediator held my post because i am new it had to be approved .thats why it just now posted up and is below your comments .

Valentin
12-02-2009, 03:55 PM
LSR 6332 are excellent speakers for their cost

LSR have very well controlled dispersion

down load the tech PDF from jblpro and see the specs

currently LSR 6332 with hb5000 subs are used as the reference speaker for Harmans listening training rooms

of course they are not a K2 :blink:

let say it is an accurate speaker if that makes your day

Valentin
12-02-2009, 04:14 PM
if your theater is a big space horns are natural option for dynamics and low compression

speakerdave
12-02-2009, 06:21 PM
jbl lsr 6332

. . . . i [sic] came across these and they seem like the deal of the century . . . .

By "came across" do you mean you've heard them?

smmbear
12-02-2009, 06:34 PM
no i have not been able to hear them i wish .

i have listen to one pair of horn pro and was not impressed . thats when i found the 6332 figure it was a much safer bet at being accurate . the dyns have such a good mid band and reveal acuratly . i dont think most cenima or pro speakers are desighned for that .monitors on the other hand should be ? the hardest part for most people is being able to audition these types of speakers . i have no problem with a 100 db masive horn as long as it plays true but i want a big matching center and it has to fit under the screen and the 6332 fits the bill .i dont know how loud they are capable of playing and am not the best in the world with specs .

here is a question for someone of industry . if i have 2 sets of speakers in a sound perfect room 2 different desighns but both spec out the exact same almost flat will they sound the same will they both reveal the exact same detail ?

Valentin
12-02-2009, 06:48 PM
no i have not been able to hear them i wish .

i have listen to one pair of horn pro and was not impressed . thats when i found the 6332 figure it was a much safer bet at being accurate . the dyns have such a good mid band and reveal acuratly . i dont think most cinema or pro speakers are designed for that .monitors on the other hand should be ? the hardest part for most people is being able to audition these types of speakers . i have no problem with a 100 db masive horn as long as it plays true but i want a big matching center and it has to fit under the screen and the 6332 fits the bill .i dont know how loud they are capable of playing and am not the best in the world with specs .

here is a question for someone of industry . if i have 2 sets of speakers in a sound perfect room 2 different designs but both spec out the exact same almost flat will they sound the same will they both reveal the exact same detail ?

first of all no two speaker measure the same specially with high resolution
second one measurement by itself is not useful but many of different types do help and allot

third horn can be very accurate and fine sounding, but horses for courses
use the correct horn type

if you tell us your room size and what kind of installation you want

speakerdave
12-03-2009, 04:42 PM
I have used the LSR32 for some of my listening over the past few years, and had I not become enamored of large format JBL monitors and been stricken with K2 envy they would probably be my only speakers. They are indeed an accurate speaker. They are designed to meet the need of someone sitting at a console in a studio, but because they are designed for balance in the power response the sound is good elsewhere in the room, and this will be true as long as the balance of frequency absorption and reflection in your environment approximates the acoustic design of a studio.

Obviously they will not match the dynamic response of a very large, efficient speaker, but they are more dynamic than other speakers of that size, and many larger ones, that I have heard. They handle power very well and power compression is not a problem at anywhere near sane levels in a home environment, and, as you have noticed, large efficient speakers can have their own problems (coloration and truncated frequency extremes) unless very expensive (K2's, TAD monitors, etc.)

The bass is tight, well-defined and musical, as far as it goes. Like most console-top monitors the expectation is they will be used with subwoofers if someone wants to include the VLF in their monitoring.

For me one of the keys to the speaker's listenability is the fact that the midrange plays from 250 to 2.2k. This does not quite meet the standard set forth by Lynn Olson and others that the 300 to 3000 range be seamless, but it comes quite close. It comes closer than most other speakers, in fact. There are some speakers with very fine crossovers in this range, that work very well, but I think there is much to be said for a single driver in that wide midrange, and this is a practice that I believe will be followed more often by speaker designers in the future.

This is a speaker with very high dynamic capability without the liabilities of acoustic offsets and inconvenient crossover points the inclusion of horns usually entails. It's frequency response is quite smooth. There are no irritating, constantly present colorations as there are with many speakers. Putting all kinds of music through these speakers has been a consistently satisfying experience.

One caveat is that they will keep you informed about the shortcomings of your electronics, your players and your source materials. These speakers are designed to inform a producer what exactly is on the tape, so you must realize that any compromises in upstream equipment will be audible.

smmbear
12-03-2009, 11:19 PM
speaker dave thank you that is kind of what i am looking for . i do know they are monitors and in a home enviroment and not a perfect room that they may not be perfect . but is that not the problem with any speaker ? the room has just as much to do with the sound as anything else . i figured if i start with a good speaker than at least i know that part is good .

i listen to a set of JTR triple 8 today and am pretty happy with them but from my dyns to the trpl8 they are pretty equal but sound very different i would give the 8 the nod for dynamic no compression . for strikly theater the trpl 8 would be the clear winner . music 52 vs 48 its a give or take thing one speaker does one thing better than the other and vise versa.

i am going to try and get my hands on at least one of the lsr6332 or try and find someone willing to let me listen in my area . anyone else want to tell me what they think of the sound of these speakers non moitor room wise:D

4313B
12-04-2009, 03:01 PM
For me one of the keys to the speaker's listenability is the fact that the midrange plays from 250 to 2.2k. This does not quite meet the standard set forth by Lynn Olson and others that the 300 to 3000 range be seamless, but it comes quite close.LE8 for the win! :yes:

smmbear
12-05-2009, 03:24 PM
le8 for the win ??? what does that mean .

so is there a local jbl rep or anyone know how to hunt down a set in chicago land for a listen ?

speakerdave
12-05-2009, 03:29 PM
le8 for the win ??? what does that mean . [?] . . . .

It's a recommendation of a driver to check out for anyone interested in the idea of an extended midrange.

smmbear
12-05-2009, 09:21 PM
ahhh :D

well now i am trying to get a hold of a jbl rep to see if he can help me out to find a way to listen to these .