PDA

View Full Version : Differential drive transducers JBL link

Bladerunner
11-25-2009, 07:12 AM
Just found this link if anyone wants a read .

http://www.jblpro.com/pub/technote/JBL_TN%201-33%20rev3.pdf

Moderators not sure if there is a better place for it .

Cheers in advance .

David

Earl K
11-25-2009, 07:36 AM
- The paradox of "Differential Drive" technology ;

- Harman rarely miss an opportunity to trumpet JBLs' latest technological advancements to those who will embrace it when they buy their HiFi dream machines ( ie; the Japanese ) / yet this technology is mostly absent in the Asian HiFi lines ( ignoring the exceptions like the 2251J in the 4348 or 251J in the SK2-1000 ).

- This omission makes me wonder, what is it about the technology that makes it ( seemingly ) unsuitable for HiFi development ?

<> cheers :)

Mr. Widget
11-25-2009, 09:41 AM
- This omission makes me wonder, what is it about the technology that makes it ( seemingly ) unsuitable for HiFi development ?
Well... Revel, the other JBL, is using the technology in their new 18" purpose built driver for their latest statement sub.

Widget

Earl K
11-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Well... Revel, the other JBL, is using the technology in their new 18" purpose built driver for their latest statement sub.

- I'll take notice ( & maybe even, think differently ) when either JBL or Revel develops a 12" ( or even 15" ) for use in a TOTL HiFi enclosure ( and uses it for more than just subwoofer duties ) .

<> cheers

jcrobso
11-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Yes it is used on EON line to keep weight down.
I have 6 JBL EON10G2 at the radio station for street promotions.
I had to replace the 2412 HF driver on one of them. The "magnet" on the 10" LF driver is very small, but they will still blow away the BO$E Pro speaker!:applaud:

Valentin
11-25-2009, 10:35 AM
lsr6332 studio monitors have a 12" dd driver and i would consider them a critical listening tool

all Harmans Listening test training is done via this speakers

Dr. Sean Olive (http://www.blogger.com/profile/17909033506833141612) said...
The JBL LRS6332 is the standard loudspeaker playback system in all of our Harman Reference Rooms located in Northridge, Farmington Hills, UK and Germany. All of these rooms are equipped with the Harman room correction system described in this paper. Since the JBL LSR6332 is already a good loudspeaker, we are mostly doing room correction at below 300 Hz. We also use Sound Field Management applied to four subwoofers in the corners, which largely takes care of the odd order modes. Because the LRS6332 has well-behaved direcitivity we have the option of equalizing its direct sound without adversely affecting its sound power response, and vice ver