PDA

View Full Version : JBL music

Akira
11-06-2009, 10:22 AM
I know, everything sounds good on JBL but, the truth is, some types of music are made for (or made on) JBL's and some music (classical) preforms better on (blasphemy) other systems.

I am not ashamed to say that I will listen to some samples every now and then for the pure excitement of that JBL sound. Also, era and production techniques tied into the speaker design philosophy of the time certainly plays into it.

Like to hear your suggestions and maybe there are some self indulgence tracks I can pickup on that I have missed.

2 of mine:
70's rock:
Song is Over. (Played too loud on L100's-- vinyl only) The WHO with one of the most explosive drum tracks ever.
Must sound incredible on an L300!

Modern era:
By, Bye (country one of the last bastions of traditional big studio recording) by Jo Dee Messina. A fabulous, 'vocal forward' recording with impact that I use to tune in my monitors when location recording.

Allanvh5150
11-06-2009, 11:13 AM
I have a few favourites for showing off my system. Def Lepard (hysteria), Go West and for a DVD, The Eagles (hell freezes over)

Allan.

Old curmudgeon
11-08-2009, 08:22 PM
I agree completely with the suggestion of Go West.

Akira
11-17-2009, 09:29 AM
I agree completely with the suggestion of Go West.
I think I missed this one. Who or what is Go West? Refer me a track and I will look it up.

BMWCCA
11-17-2009, 09:56 AM
I think I missed this one. Who or what is Go West? Refer me a track and I will look it up.
Try here: http://www.amazon.com/Go-West/e/B000AP9MIG/

...if you like that kind of stuff. I'm sure it's impressive played on a good system and at a high level, but it's way to "processed" for my taste. :dont-know

Thought I'd at least help you with a link. :)

pathfindermwd
03-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Probably just biased from way back but I'll put Boston Third Stage out there. This is a really hard recording to reproduce well. But if you can do it, it sure is a nice listen. It speaks volumes of a system that can do it too.

jcrobso
03-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Telarc 1812 Overture, cannon shots at the end.
Emerson, Lake & Palmer were know some wild drum tracks.