PDA

View Full Version : So Does Bose Still Make The Best HT Speaker Systems??

JBLCanuck
10-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Just kidding boys....thought I'd just see if you were paying attention :D
Happy day before Halloween!

rdgrimes
10-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Select the Lifestyle system that's right for you!

It's time to expect more from home theater!

BoseŽ LifestyleŽ systems are built on a legacy of premium performance and elegant design.

:barf:

robertbartsch
10-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Yes - but only if you ask my wife.

Can you imagine the profit margin on this garbage? How about $500 for table radio? Wow - that is a good deal.

Akira
10-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Just kidding boys....thought I'd just see if you were paying attention :D
I greatly apologize for starting the last great Bose thread!

jcrobso
10-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Glad to see that you are just kidding!!! Many of us have expressed our opinions of THAT brand of speaker many times. The only good thing that I can say about Bo$e is,,,is,,, well actually I don't have anything good to say about them!:blah:

rdgrimes
10-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Actually, you do have to give credit to Bose for figuring out long ago that they are not selling audio gear but "Lifestyle" and image. If your only purpose is sales and profit, it's the right approach. They are geniuses at pricing too, making stuff just expensive enough to convince people it must be good.

RussinOhio
10-31-2009, 01:52 AM
Something good about Bose sucess......is that the more they convince people to buy their "superior" speakers....then the more "inferior" vintage stuff goes up for sale.:applaud:

I know of a few guys at least whom scored vintage JBL/Altec because the original owner "up-dated" in favor of Bose!

(Propaganda WORKS baby!)

Russ

JBL 4645
10-31-2009, 09:26 AM
Trick or Treat Bugger Bose!
http://images.zaazu.com/img/halloween05-animate-animated-halloween-smiley-emoticon-000309-large.gif

SEAWOLF97
10-31-2009, 09:43 AM
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=252055&#post252055

repost

typical BOSE owner ?
At my last job I had a manager for whom I always had trouble hiding my contempt. -Hi Tony !!!- :wave: (in case he's learned to read by now) ...he was a no talent , ass kisser.

He did anything to please his superiors -oops let me clarify that ..his bosses -..
(most everybody was superior to him)
Anyway, he scored points by throwing the office Xmas party at his house every year..in our last year, he felt insecure and decided to "do it right" ..remodeled his basement, bought a new refrigerator for the room and bought his super BOSE system.
Just days before the party his wife spotted a mouse running around the room ..OH NO !!! can't have his bosses seeing that, so he tried everything to catch it , except ...shooting it...bright idea !!:hmm: goes and gets his 22 rifle and corners the rodent behind the fridge and takes a shot. hits compressor instead. No more handy cold drinks.

THREAD TIE IN : so he also installs his super ($1,600) Bose system ..a cube in every corner , hanging from the ceiling.

I get to the party and the tunes are already blaring , but I notice that the HF is even worse than expected, so I ask Tony for a chair and get up to inspect the cubes ... yup , you guessed it ..they were backwards, aimed straight into the wall .. I turn them around towards the room and it does sound better ..other guests applaud..get dirty looks from Tony.

FOLLOWUP: A week later we (including Tony) are sitting around work at break discussing TV . told the story that I was watching a game show and the question put to the contestant was "what is the 24th letter of the alphabet" ??? the contestant starts counting a=1,b=2,c=3 etc and the audience starts laughing, the guy gets it and then goes Oh, OK ...z=26,y=25 etc...

Tony is listening and jumps up and loudly proclaims "TRICK QUESTION" !!!!! ...I dont understand and ask him why ??

reply .. " cause there are only 23 letters in the alphabet"

we sit there stunned ...and then break out laughing ...dirty looks from Tony (again).

Guess who was first to get laid off when the reductions came ??

Doc Mark
10-31-2009, 09:54 AM
HI, SeaWolf,

That's an hilarious story!! I think we ALL have known at least one "Tony" in our lives!! :D:D Those poor folks are destined to wander the earth, in a fog of their own making, for eternity...... BOSE? Yeah, they deserve them!! ;) Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

timc
10-31-2009, 11:31 AM
Hm....Bose or Booze.....I'm confused.........Maybe the same.....Still confused........Puts sound on the new Grado RS1i's........That's more like it.

Yup...I really have bought a set of Grados. They are great :applaud:

-Tim

SpeakerLabFan
10-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Something good about Bose sucess......is that the more they convince people to buy their "superior" speakers....then the more "inferior" vintage stuff goes up for sale.:applaud:

:applaud:More than a few times! Gear and record collections!

God Bless BOSE and IPODs.

Big Orange Jeff
11-01-2009, 08:02 PM
No highs, no lows
It's gotta be BoseŽ.

jcrobso
11-02-2009, 09:46 AM
No highs, no lows
It's gotta be BoseŽ.

Bo$e figured it out, proved and old adage: If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BULL!:blink: