PDA

View Full Version : JBL Transducteurs

frablake
10-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi every body

Is there anybody who could gives name ans adress of companies who are able to manufacture to day some obsolete transducteurs for JBL 43XX séries?
May be companies who were working for JBL.
Kind regards

Mr. Widget
10-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Is there anybody who could gives name ans adress of companies who are able to manufacture to day some obsolete transducteurs for JBL 43XX séries?As far as I know there are no companies manufacturing JBL clone drivers.

May be companies who were working for JBL.Back in the good old days all of the drivers, voicecoils, diaphragms, etc. were made in house at JBL.

Widget

frablake
11-05-2009, 12:54 AM
Thanks Sir

but i don't undestant how A company like JBL43 in japan is ablae to factory yet theses transducteurs??

Regards

Frablake

As far as I know there are no companies manufacturing JBL clone drivers.

Back in the good old days all of the drivers, voicecoils, diaphragms, etc. were made in house at JBL.

Widget

Mr. Widget
11-05-2009, 09:27 AM
but i don't undestant how A company like JBL43 in japan is ablae to factory yet theses transducteurs??JBL 43 is Kenrick Sound. It is a company that is the collaboration of a pair of our members here.

As far as I know they have faithfully reproduced cabinets and even the 2308 acoustic lens, but all of their drivers are JBLs that have been carefully reconditioned. Of course it is possible to reverse engineer a 2440 driver and build them yourself, but I would expect it would end up costing as much as an ALE driver... why would you want to when so many are still available on the used market.

Widget