PDA

View Full Version : M19 Ideal Amp?

louped garouv
06-26-2004, 07:58 AM
so I managed to score a pair of altec model 19s a few months back, and now am wondering about which amp to pick up for them. Would a pair of Altec 1590C, 200 watt amps be a good choice -- I also think I am going to source some white 4400 Eqs for the system. What are your thoughts?

thanks, i'm still a noob when it comes to this end of the 'system' set up. Thanx :banghead:

Robh3606
06-26-2004, 08:35 AM
Welcome

Looks like a plan to me. Plenty of power and the EQ'S certainly can't hurt if anything they will enhance your enjoyment of your speakers. There are a couple of threads about the Model 19 about. Try a search. All noobs welcome your in good company:cheers:

Rob:)

louped garouv
06-26-2004, 08:43 AM
thanks for the help...

i'm in the process of building a 'vintage sound' DJ's listening room.

Technics 1200 X3 w/ reverse (decided not to go Hifi due to my experience with the technics, besides i already own these)
Bozak mixer (actually trying to find a top notch bozak specific person to do some mods)
Altec 19s for main sound
Bozak M80A for monitoring
Altec 1590C Amps
White instruments 4400 EQs
Vermona Analogue filter

should be sweeeeet when i am finally done -- and thanks to you all for the wonderful information

:smthsail:

4313B
06-26-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by louped garouv
Bozak mixer (actually trying to find a top notch bozak specific person to do some mods)Bill Kieltyka might be able to set you up with someone if he's not too busy. I think you can find him here: http://www.nearspeakers.com/about.html
He's a former Bozak Engineer.

louped garouv
06-26-2004, 09:04 AM
thanks for the lead, also trying to get into contact with Peter Ledermann, here is his bozak related bio off of soundsmith's site...

"While employed as director of engineering at Bozak, Mr. Ledermann had the pleasure of working with the founder, Rudy Bozak, an early pioneer in the audio industry. Mr. Ledermann was personally responsible for invention, design and production engineering of all new audio products as well as production engineering of the entire product line. He also re-engineered over 30 of the existing products in Bozak's extensive speaker and electronic line. New products included eight models of loudspeakers and drivers, as well as an analog delay system, a novel satellite/powered mini-subwoofer system based on "Curva-linear" aluminum drivers and unique crossover designs."

anyone have any experience with him?

thanks again