PDA

View Full Version : Blue grill

frablake
10-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi

To build on my 4344, i have to made the blue grill.
Where can i find the furniture to do that.
I don't want to buy a grill .

Kind Regards
Frablake

Earl K
10-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Frablake;

Send a "PM" to Zilch and ask if he's still selling JBL Blue Grill Cloth .
At one time, he used to have a lot of it .

>< cheers :)

robertbartsch
10-23-2009, 10:59 AM
I would build the grill frame using hardwood - oak or maple, for example.

You can buy hardware from a speaker suppier to fix the removable grill frame to the cabinet.

You might be able to buy blue speaker cloth matching JBL specs from folks here on this cite or black, white, grey, orange, etc. cloth from another a speaker supply company.

The best way to apply the cloth to the frame is to paint a couple of coats of contact cement on the sides of the frame using a paint brush and let it fully dry for several hours. Then, tack the cloth to the frame using a warm houshold iron on a medium heat setting. Go around the frame a few times lifting, pulling and tacking the cloth, if necessary, and tack the cloth around the frame so it is tight against the frame. Trim as necessary.

Contact cement is sold in a can in larger hardware stores and is sometimes used to fasten plastic kitchen countertop material to wood. Proper ventalation is required.

frablake
10-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Frablake;

Send a "PM" to Zilch and ask if he's still selling JBL Blue Grill Cloth .
At one time, he used to have a lot of it .

>< cheers :)

'll do contact him , thanks

frablake
10-23-2009, 01:13 PM
I would build the grill frame using hardwood - oak or maple, for example.

You can buy hardware from a speaker suppier to fix the removable grill frame to the cabinet.

You might be able to buy blue speaker cloth matching JBL specs from folks here on this cite or black, white, grey, orange, etc. cloth from another a speaker supply company.

The best way to apply the cloth to the frame is to paint a couple of coats of contact cement on the sides of the frame using a paint brush and let it fully dry for several hours. Then, tack the cloth to the frame using a warm houshold iron on a medium heat setting. Go around the frame a few times lifting, pulling and tacking the cloth, if necessary, and tack the cloth around the frame so it is tight against the frame. Trim as necessary.

Contact cement is sold in a can in larger hardware stores and is sometimes used to fasten plastic kitchen countertop material to wood. Proper ventalation is required.
Hi
do you know anyone able to sell me blue grill cloth?
How can i do to send this question to any members here?
Regards
Frablake

robertbartsch
10-23-2009, 04:38 PM
I don;t know anyone who has JBL blue cloth but you might make a seperate post here and someone might have it.

Title of new shoud say, "Needed - JBL blue speaker cloth"

hjames
10-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Again, as others have already said - member ZILCH has JBL Monitor blue cloth. I have personally bought dark blue grill cloth from him for a couple of projects.
Go to the user list and look up Lansing member ZILCH and tell him how many yards of fabric you want.
See this thread for more info:
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7941