PDA

View Full Version : Crossover Help

stu34
10-15-2009, 09:46 AM
I am trying to build a 4312C crossover (3112D) and I don't what gauge wire to get for the .2mh air core. I have searched the site and could not find any info on this other then use the DCR. The problem with that is the driver (035tia) states the DCR is between 3.5-4.2, when I check Madison and Parts Express, they are no where near that. Is there some math that I am missing or? First post because the search works really well!

Robh3606
10-15-2009, 09:54 AM
I have searched the site and could not find any info on this other then use the DCR.

Welcome

I am not sure what you read but you would want to use an inductor with the same DCR as the one used by JBL. Not the same DCR as the driver. The DCR value for the coil is going to be much lower. So that said just get something that looks reasonsable and you should be fine.

Rob:)

stu34
10-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Thank you for your fast answer. I don't have the old one to look at as I am building the crossover from scratch.

QDD
10-22-2009, 09:33 AM
I am trying to build a 4312C crossover (3112D) and I don't what gauge wire to get for the .2mh air core. I have searched the site and could not find any info on this other then use the DCR. The problem with that is the driver (035tia) states the DCR is between 3.5-4.2, when I check Madison and Parts Express, they are no where near that. Is there some math that I am missing or? First post because the search works really well!

There is a great guide to cross over design here:
http://sound.westhost.com/lr-passive.htm

Cheers QDD