PDA

View Full Version : G-734

Styles Bytchly
10-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Hello folks, Im not sure if Im in the right place-- I am brand new to the forum.
I bought an old pair of G-734 cabs to rehab and found that the JBL parts people wont return me emails or calls? Anyway, I am looking for good aftermarket parts source. The 2416 horns are broken as well as the 65568 jack plates are mostly destroyed. I would love to restore to like new, but JBL replacement parts are just to crazy expensive--I mean if i could actually place an order.
THANX!!!
JW

JBL Dog
10-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Hello folks, Im not sure if Im in the right place-- I am brand new to the forum.
I bought an old pair of G-734 cabs to rehab and found that the JBL parts people wont return me emails or calls? Anyway, I am looking for good aftermarket parts source. The 2416 horns are broken as well as the 65568 jack plates are mostly destroyed. I would love to restore to like new, but JBL replacement parts are just to crazy expensive--I mean if i could actually place an order.
THANX!!!
JW

JW:

Is the 2371 horn broken or do you need a replacement diaphragm for the 2416H driver? I have several 2416H voice coils if that's what you're looking for.

:D

spkrman57
10-17-2009, 11:21 AM
THANX!!!
JW

Welcome to the forum from Columbus, Ohio.

I do have some JBL parts, but more like the 2426 drivers and such like that.

Regards, Ron

Styles Bytchly
10-23-2009, 12:03 PM
The horn lens's are broken around the screw holes, as well as blown diapgrams in the 2416H drivers. I have a pair of eminence drivers that will fit the bill but if not too cost prohibitive, i would love to be able to use the original drivers with repalcement diaphrams. I finally found some info that says the G-734 were originally "entry level" so i dont want to sink too much into these-- in fact someone said that the G in G-734 meant that thay were also meant to be guitar extension cabs which leaves me wondering if I shouldnt just part them out as-is.