PDA

View Full Version : foil badges

brad6285
10-05-2009, 01:01 PM
is there any place to get replacement foil badges? the one on the speaker i bought is kinda trashed. the are l112s. thanx brad

Regis
10-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Do a search on 'foilcals' and you'll find information on this. I've gotten some from Mr. Timmerman. See thread below. There's a source in Japan too, but it ain't cheap.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21772&highlight=foilcals

rjtimmerman
05-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Hello, I make just about ALL labels and badges, L pad knobs, grill pegs, Pro and L series
also for restoration: wood stain, woofer mounting screws in stainless steel etc...
Please let me know..
R.J Timmermann
[email protected]

Rudy Kleimann
05-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Found this on ebay recently. No relation, just thought his stuff looked nice. Found this thread and felt I should link it up.

Search on ebay for ebay seller sign-shop or search for JBL badges

If anyone has or will buy badges from this guy, post about it here.

ratitifb
05-13-2010, 01:12 AM
Found this on ebay recently. No relation, just thought his stuff looked nice. Found this thread and felt I should link it up.

Search on ebay for ebay seller sign-shop or search for JBL badges

If anyone has or will buy badges from this guy, post about it here.

sign--shop = foilcalsRus = rjtimmerman (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/member.php?220-rjtimmerman) (see post #3 above)

Great stuff & Rudy (R.J) is a nice people to do business with ;)

rjtimmerman
05-13-2010, 05:50 AM
Hello Rudy, It is >sign--shop< on ebay.
I sell all over the world.
Your questions do raise questions... I hope this will help.
RJ,BOB IN CALIF HERE.REC BADGES TODAY AND THEY LOOK GREAT!!!!!
llo,
I am still interested in the raised metal and silver/black Garrard badge. I just applied one of the Garrard labels
you made me on my new custom ordered dust cover and it looks awesome, looks like it had always been there.
Let me know the details if this is a metal badge that can be done .
Thanks and have a great day.
Ernest Davidson
RJ,
The B380 badge arrived today. Nice work.
Thanks,
Greg
Hi
Rudy

I recibe the 2 covers in my home ,,,,,,, Everything was PERFECT .........

Grate machined, product....and materials.....

I goin to califi. you

THANK YOU AGAIN........
jorge

Este correo fue enviado por :
Jorge Lozano M.
Confirma de recibido .......
Saludos......
hello sir
i have revied the jbl logos, i will buy from u again , thanks
regards from denmark
RJ,
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you in a while, been busy with Afghanistan deployments and Marine Corps Ball planning (which I attended tonight).

Anyway, I opened up the JBL D110f foilcals you made for me this week and WOW!!
You Sir, are a "Master Craftsman" with an acute sense of "attention to detail"! A true artist.
Again, many thanks!!
Vince
Hi,

Yes, I am very satisfied with the 2 badges,
should I need any other JBL badges I will
keep you posted. I wanted to put on a positive
feedback on this transaction but could'nt find
yours.Thank you

Regards
woolc
rj got the foilcal and it looks great could you make me another
one for my other l112 so that they match i can email you tonight
with the serial #. since youve made one for the l112s you wont
need the original foilcal will you. thanx brad
THE DUSTCOVER I HAD CUSTOM MADE AND THEN ATTACHED YOUR LABEL.
PURE ECSTASY !!! LOVE EM, THANKS AND WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO
RECEIVING MY NEXT TWO. HAVE A GOOD EVENING.
ERNESTCD
hi
Many thanks on the 2405 decals greatly detailed
and gave to me on a best offer, I left positive
feedback but pushed "enter" on accident before marking
the 5 stars ! I'm sooo sorry and i tryed to fix,
cause as a seller myself ebay goes against that..
they are VERY nice...just wonted to write to say
i feel bad this is a 5 star product ! i'd go 10
out of 10 if i could !!!
john in s.c

The badges arrived today they look great super quality and will make the speakers look a whole lot better. Thanks

Martin

Hello R.j.,
I have received the foilcals today. They look superb, great craftsmanship! Finishing touch for my DIY 4333A system…..almost there!
Thank you very much!
Best regards,
Rutger
Hi,

Yes, I am very satisfied with the 2 badges, should I need any other JBL badges I will keep you posted. I wanted to put on a positive feedback on this transaction but could'nt find yours.Thank you

Regards
woolc (asia)

JBL Dog
05-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Rudy made me a pair of 4341 badges. i could have search for the rest of my life and never found a pair. I'm very pleased with his work!

:applaud:

JBLRaiser
05-14-2010, 04:32 AM
Hello Rudy, It is >sign--shop< on ebay.
I sell all over the world.
Your questions do raise questions... I hope this will help.
RJ,BOB IN CALIF HERE.REC BADGES TODAY AND THEY LOOK GREAT!!!!!
llo,
I am still interested in the raised metal and silver/black Garrard badge. I just applied one of the Garrard labels
you made me on my new custom ordered dust cover and it looks awesome, looks like it had always been there.
Let me know the details if this is a metal badge that can be done .
Thanks and have a great day.
Ernest Davidson
RJ,
The B380 badge arrived today. Nice work.
Thanks,
Greg
Hi
Rudy

I recibe the 2 covers in my home ,,,,,,, Everything was PERFECT .........

Grate machined, product....and materials.....

I goin to califi. you

THANK YOU AGAIN........
jorge

Este correo fue enviado por :
Jorge Lozano M.
Confirma de recibido .......
Saludos......
hello sir
i have revied the jbl logos, i will buy from u again , thanks
regards from denmark
RJ,
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you in a while, been busy with Afghanistan deployments and Marine Corps Ball planning (which I attended tonight).

Anyway, I opened up the JBL D110f foilcals you made for me this week and WOW!!
You Sir, are a "Master Craftsman" with an acute sense of "attention to detail"! A true artist.
Again, many thanks!!
Vince
Hi,

Yes, I am very satisfied with the 2 badges,
should I need any other JBL badges I will
keep you posted. I wanted to put on a positive
feedback on this transaction but could'nt find
yours.Thank you

Regards
woolc
rj got the foilcal and it looks great could you make me another
one for my other l112 so that they match i can email you tonight
with the serial #. since youve made one for the l112s you wont
need the original foilcal will you. thanx brad
THE DUSTCOVER I HAD CUSTOM MADE AND THEN ATTACHED YOUR LABEL.
PURE ECSTASY !!! LOVE EM, THANKS AND WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO
RECEIVING MY NEXT TWO. HAVE A GOOD EVENING.
ERNESTCD
hi
Many thanks on the 2405 decals greatly detailed
and gave to me on a best offer, I left positive
feedback but pushed "enter" on accident before marking
the 5 stars ! I'm sooo sorry and i tryed to fix,
cause as a seller myself ebay goes against that..
they are VERY nice...just wonted to write to say
i feel bad this is a 5 star product ! i'd go 10
out of 10 if i could !!!
john in s.c

The badges arrived today they look great super quality and will make the speakers look a whole lot better. Thanks

Martin

Hello R.j.,
I have received the foilcals today. They look superb, great craftsmanship! Finishing touch for my DIY 4333A system…..almost there!
Thank you very much!
Best regards,
Rutger
Hi,

Yes, I am very satisfied with the 2 badges, should I need any other JBL badges I will keep you posted. I wanted to put on a positive feedback on this transaction but could'nt find yours.Thank you

Regards
woolc (asia)

Harman who?:D

4313B
05-14-2010, 05:02 AM
Harman who?:DNCSI? Oh... that's Harmon...

:rotfl:

Foilcals are cool! :yes:

Rudy Kleimann
05-14-2010, 09:15 AM
sign--shop = foilcalsRus = rjtimmerman (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/member.php?220-rjtimmerman) (see post #3 above)

Great stuff & Rudy (R.J) is a nice people to do business with ;)

:blink:

Thanks, guys, but I need to clear this up:

While it has been said before that I am nice to do business with, LHS member rjtinnerman makes these badges, not me! I just found the ebay listing while on a JBL hunt. I was impressed with his work and ebay customer feedback and wanted to do everybody here a favor. I didn't realize that he was also an LHS member until the day after I posted about it here.

It is only a coincidence that my initials are R. J. and that his LHS name begins with the same.

All the credit ***AND ORDERS*** :deal: should go to LHS member: rjtinnerman. He's the man!:rockon2:

rjtimmerman
05-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Hello,
Thank you all!
correct It is rjtimmerman

caladois
05-15-2010, 02:07 AM
If anyone interested, I have a pair of original brand new JBL 4435 foilcals .

bjerdin
10-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Hello,
Thank you all!
correct It is rjtimmerman

I need a pair of 4333a

rjtimmerman
10-31-2010, 06:10 PM
Hello, I have those in stock. Please let me know ....
Regards, R.j

[email protected]

scorpio
05-10-2011, 01:59 PM
To add to this string, I have just received a set of 4344 repro foilcals custom made by Rudy as the center to center disctance between my L-pads was not standard, they are absolutely perfect!

rjtimmerman
05-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Hello, Thank you! I really do like challenges. I am very glad they fit properly and you are happy!!:applaud:
Please let me know if you need any other vintage JBL, Altec, EV, Marantz etc....we make them ALL.
Kind Reagrds, Rj
[email protected]
;)

kayontario
02-21-2016, 12:02 AM
If anyone interested, I have a pair of original brand new JBL 4435 foilcals .

Let me know how much. please email to [email protected] Thank you.

honkytonkwillie
02-27-2016, 07:10 PM
eBay seller "italianshop" is offering adhesive vinyl reproductions for very low prices.

I'll report on their quality in a few weeks when they arrive.

BMWCCA
02-28-2016, 06:03 PM
http://www.ebay.com/sch/italianshop/m.html?_trksid=p3692

honkytonkwillie
03-11-2016, 04:02 AM
eBay seller "italianshop" is offering adhesive vinyl reproductions for very low prices.

I received these a day or two ago.

They arrived with a few extra bonus stickers - JBL and Altec Lansing logos, as well as a reproduction sticker for the magnet of a 2402.

The printing looks pretty good. No misalignment or lack of resolution. The lettering looks authentic, but then again I haven't studied JBL ephemera in detail.

The one big failure though is in the lettering. On my original 4430 foilcals the lettering is white but these reproduction stickers all the lettering is a grey or silver, very unlike the photo in the listing.

Disappointing. These were cheap so I won't mind eating the loss. If the seller is eventually able to produce ones with white lettering I'll buy them again.

Challenger604
03-11-2016, 08:30 AM
I received these a day or two ago.

They arrived with a few extra bonus stickers - JBL and Altec Lansing logos, as well as a reproduction sticker for the magnet of a 2402.

The printing looks pretty good. No misalignment or lack of resolution. The lettering looks authentic, but then again I haven't studied JBL ephemera in detail.

The one big failure though is in the lettering. On my original 4430 foilcals the lettering is white but these reproduction stickers all the lettering is a grey or silver, very unlike the photo in the listing.

Disappointing. These were cheap so I won't mind eating the loss. If the seller is eventually able to produce ones with white lettering I'll buy them again.

Hi there,
Could you post some pictures?

Bought mine $220, crazy expensive for what it is in my opinion but ($25 shipping fee) I know, I could not buy it some would say...

I'm planning to build an other pair... 4333B's... I think they are very cute! LOL!!

We know what people think about the seller...
C

Wagner
03-11-2016, 08:44 AM

How thick or heavy are they?
Are these literally "stickers"?
Vinyl "film", as is the case of a bumper sticker, or vinyl "film" as thick or close to as thick as an original aluminum foilcal?

Thank you

Wagner
03-11-2016, 08:49 AM
Let me know how much. please email to [email protected] Thank you.
Your request is to a post almost 6 years old now

Wagner
03-11-2016, 09:03 AM
He states that in his listing at the top of the product description-but he must have "heard" you
It's the color of his base material; differs with badge type (look at some of his other listings/types)

His 4430 and 4435 badges are done on a white background as standard, silver by request
What did you specify or did you?
He IS able to make them with WHITE print:

decal / sticker
digital print

(black and orange) on white

(on silver only by request) adhesive vinyl film (not aluminium)
ready to be applied!

please note: from March, 10 these foilcals will be printed only on white vinyl, we can still print them on silver, but only by request.
if you purchased an old silver vinyl and want the new white, please contact us to obtain a discount.
(lettering are negative, so are ALWAYS of the vinyl color)

honkytonkwillie
03-11-2016, 09:09 PM
He states that in his listing at the top of the product description-but he must have "heard" you
It's the color of his base material; differs with badge type (look at some of his other listings/types)

My eBay history for the purchase shows a much shorter description in the original listing: "
listing is for

n.1
(just one)

decal / sticker
digital print on silver adhesive vinyl film (not aluminium)
ready to be applied!

"

It didn't say anything about the white lettering as shown in the photos as being different in the actual product.

Now I understand the seller may have been trying to indicate that silver is the base color of the sticker, and thus the lettering would also be silver. Maybe that would be obvious to someone in the printing trade. White ink exists... whatever.

I'm actually not too bent out of shape about it. "Somewhat disappointed" summarizes my feeling over the $16 I spent. I'd probably feel a little more annoyed if I hadn't just lost 20x that amount on an eBay purchase that was literally stolen off my front porch. (story for another time)

Anyhow, I'm communicating with the seller via eBay and will try and sort it out.

honkytonkwillie
03-11-2016, 09:31 PM
How thick or heavy are they?
Are these literally "stickers"?
Vinyl "film", as is the case of a bumper sticker, or vinyl "film" as thick or close to as thick as an original aluminum foilcal?

Thank you

The foilcals on my 4430 are actually aluminum plates (0.070" or 1.77mm thickness) that are painted and printed upon. Is that how they were originally made? I'm not the first owner and I've never seen another pair in person.

These are peel-and-stick type of stickers. With the protective backing peeled off to expose the adhesive on one of the little extra stickers, Mr. Micrometer says they're 0.003" / 0.09mm thick.

I see now that the surface is rather glossy and reflective and orange logo square is a lot more bronz-ish red, if that makes sense. I'm hoping the seller can improve his process, because I think there's a huge demand for good reproductions.

I'll try and get some pix posted soon.