PDA

View Full Version : xpl 200 in candy apple blood red

JoeNelis
09-22-2009, 08:35 PM
I have recieved my jbl xpl 200's back from my friend who has painted them in this amazing colour. These are being used as rears in my home thearte
at the moment, but plan to use them in a two channel system with my spare krell power amp in my bedroom.

Thses are are great speaker and enjoy listening to them.My freind has a pair in grand piano white which look very cool!!!:applaud:

Titanium Dome
09-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Wow, that looks a lot like my GF's Crossfire.:D

brutal
09-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Cool shiny stuff.

:applaud:

SEAWOLF97
09-23-2009, 06:14 PM
If I had read the description without seeing the pictures...my gut response would be ..YUK !!:barf:

BUT ..looking at the pix..they are kinda neat ..a real departure from the standard burnt ash boxes...nice job :applaud:

BMWCCA
09-23-2009, 07:49 PM
The quality of the workmanship is what makes the project! Nice job.

Slare
09-24-2009, 05:43 AM
Red like that is a little bold for my tastes but I'm happy seeing anyone that cares about their gear and restores it for ongoing use. It certainly does look nice.

Might I suggest that the Fusion type plastic paint bonds well to the textured gray front baffle frame, which on most of the samples that I've seen not only fades but fades unevenly.

Fitting with your design theme you could restore the gray front frame parts to a a uniform satin or gloss black, (or any number of colors) as well. It's fairly painless to mask off just the frame and as a textured surface it's quite forgiving to paint.

I used the gloss black on a pair of XPL90's I was working on, and they turned out quite nice. There are pics posted here in one my threads if you are curious.