PDA

View Full Version : Braless Storage

Wagner
09-21-2009, 02:21 PM
While waiting on the new foam surrounds to arrive, best to store the LE14As face up or face down? Will probaly take at least a week to get here.

I ask as I've already dealt with the painful part and removed the old Lansaloy and cleaned the frames, so the old spider's doing it all for right now.

Thanks,
Thomas

John
09-21-2009, 03:43 PM
I would say down.:blah:

badman
09-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Check the alignment. If there appears to be sag in one direction, store them in the opposite. Otherwise, face down, and flip them every few months of storage, so that any stretching cancels.

Wagner
09-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Check the alignment. If there appears to be sag in one direction, store them in the opposite. Otherwise, face down, and flip them every few months of storage, so that any stretching cancels.

No sag evident as of this writing. Question was more to short term (until the new surrounds arrive, a week or so) as the cones are now "loose", sans Lansaloy, prepped and ready.

Thanks,
Thomas

badman
09-23-2009, 08:08 AM
No sag evident as of this writing. Question was more to short term (until the new surrounds arrive, a week or so) as the cones are now "loose", sans Lansaloy, prepped and ready.

Thanks,
Thomas

Yeah, I saw that in your OP. I figured better to give a complete answer for someone who stumbles across this thread later.

It's about time I flipped my 2213s.....