PDA

View Full Version : JBL k2 s9900 in Paris ?

caladois
09-14-2009, 10:37 AM
The 17-18 october, Marriot hotel (rive gauche) is planning the "Haute fidélité" audio festival. It include a lot of high end products.
I heard somewhere that the K2 s9900 will be presented in the ESOTERIC showroom.
I will confirm you as soon as possible.

But what a good news for european.

Stephane:applaud:

Mr. Widget
09-14-2009, 11:23 AM
They were on display by JBL/Harman at two locations along with the Everest 2 last week at the CEDIA Expo in Atlanta. They were set up and playing music, albeit under trade show conditions. I think Harman is finally beginning to realize that they have been neglecting in JBL. The LS Series was also on display, though only as a display... they were not powered up.

Widget

caladois
10-18-2009, 11:20 AM
they were playing this week end...

Titanium Dome
10-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Wow! Crazy carpet.

How did you like them?

Eaulive
10-19-2009, 06:33 AM
I like the cable speaker cable...
Only audiofools will connect a speaker 3' away with 0 gauge oxygen free copper :D:D:D

richluvsound
10-19-2009, 07:52 AM
It just goes to show that this speaker is held in very high esteem; putting esoteric through them . As I have heard many times before 'garbage in, garbage out' - not in this case though ! I dont think they are as pretty as the old 9800's series, but thats just my opinion.BTW does

this usethe new hybrid magnesium/be driver ?

pos
10-19-2009, 07:58 AM
It just goes to show that this speaker is held in very high esteem; putting esoteric through them . As I have heard many times before 'garbage in, garbage out' - not in this case though ! I dont think they are as pretty as the old 9800's series, but thats just my opinion.BTW does

this usethe new hybrid magnesium/be driver ?

It uses a 476Mg, basically a 476Be with a magnesium diaphragm (and diamond surround!)

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=242112#7

Fangio
10-19-2009, 10:15 AM
The relationship to the Everest II is unmissable.

caladois
10-19-2009, 10:44 AM
It's quiet difficult to listen a speaker during a show.

The room, the electronics (full Esoteric), cables (Kimber), every thing were new for me except the disc playing.

I can just say that the 9900 is really an upgrade of the 9800. The first difference come from the horn who offer a bigger image.

I listen them on the integrated tube amp (pushpull KT88), and on the Esoteric stereo power amp (2x50w A class). I prefered the bass of the first one, but the second appear to be more homogen.

caladois
10-21-2009, 01:00 AM
The full set up.

I believe that Esoteric is a master in source industry, but for amplifier, some companys are much better.

caladois
10-21-2009, 05:18 AM
more pictures of the K2.

They were based on granit and supported by three AKTYNA feet.

The carpet is a master piece too:D Only available in Paris

jandregg
10-21-2009, 05:53 AM
Thank you for posting, really enoyed the pictures.

John

Maron Horonzakz
10-21-2009, 07:32 AM
It must cost JBL a fortune to cast those horns,,,, That carpet looks like a copy of one Frank Loyed Wright did for his sons home.

4313B
10-21-2009, 08:31 AM
It must cost JBL a fortune to cast those horns,,,,They are awfully expensive and the sonoglass material is extremely fragile. The horns are made in the U.S.A. (as are all these particular transducers). The JBL 15-inch 3-way has evolved rather nicely. :yes:

Thanks for the photos caladois!

BMWCCA
10-21-2009, 08:47 AM
It must cost JBL a fortune to cast those horns,,,, Why? They're not metal, are they? (As I suspected; answered above.)

:D
Carpet looks too symmetrical for a Wright design, but what do I know? :dont-know
I'd love to see a shot of the carpet to which you refer!

http://alternations.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/frank-lloyd-wright1.jpg http://www.rupertcavendish.co.uk/CarpetCollection/LibBalloonM.JPG

caladois
10-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Well it look like a mix of Piet Mondrian (the stijl) and Charles-Rennie Mackintosh from Glasgow.
The fact that the hotel is dated from the early eightys, make me more thinking of Victor Vasarely and the optic art .

But Guys we are out of subject here, aren't we ?

Congratulation to Ashcraft, our actual JBL designer. Somewhere , the circular form remind us the art history.