PDA

View Full Version : JBL 4310 Studio Grey

bendesigns
08-31-2009, 08:24 AM
Hi all, I recently became the proud owner of a pair of 4310's in Studio Grey. Ill be adding them to the registry soon but first I have a question. How close should the serial numbers be (on the cabs) for them to be classed as a pair? I'm in Australia and I wouldn't have thought there would be many sets here but the numbers are quite a bit different. 17611 and 18840. The serial numbers on the LF's (2212's) are even farther apart, 12711 and 24372. The HF's (LE20-1's) 146003 and 166943. I havent taken out the MF's as I have read they can be dificult and I dont want to damage my babies.
They are in pretty good condition, I'd say an 8. Original everything with a few little bits of paint missing, one dented HF and a small hole in one of the grills. One other thing I noticed the raised "race track" That holds the HF and MF has strange marks pushed into the wood. I checked and its on both speakers, more pronoinced on the earlier serial numbered speaker. Is it from some sort of jig that held the piece in place when it was glued during manufacturing?
The previous owner told me he bought them 20+ years ago from "a guy" and has had them in his shed for the last 15 years? Any info would be greatly apresiated.
Thanks
Ps A big thank you to all you wonderful people who set this site up and everybody who has contributed. I live far from the home of JBL but via the info on this site I could confidently apraise and purchase my 4310's.
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jim/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jim/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg

ratitifb
08-31-2009, 01:29 PM
welcome to the grey 4310 's owner club ;)

bendesigns
09-02-2009, 04:30 PM
HI Ratitifb, I read your previous post and loved the photos of your immaculate 4310's. Are you able to answer any of the questions in my first post? Mine will be going into a jewellery/art studio I am opening in a few months. It will be a high end gallery where I will be making eco-friendly jewellery and selling eco art. Im not sure how they will go in that role but if they dont suit Ill just have to bring them home, he he.

ratitifb
09-03-2009, 01:35 PM
I noticed the raised "race track" That holds the HF and MF has strange marks pushed into the wood. I checked and its on both speakers, more pronoinced on the earlier serial numbered speaker. Is it from some sort of jig that held the piece in place when it was glued during manufacturing?some closeup pix ?

bendesigns
09-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi, Sorry forgot to post that photo.
Thanks